1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

please review my new website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Richard Bolduc, Jun 22, 2015.

Hi guys! I am new to making websites and I want to learn from it since I want an online income :) Would you guys give me any tips on what should I include in my home page. Also I'm in a health/fitness/nutrition niche and I targeted calisthenics (bodyweight training). I'm trying to add adsense maybe to start then add affiliate marketing via product reviews. thank you so much :)

Richard Bolduc, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's a very clean looking site. Perhaps a bit too clean. There are no call-to-action buttons, no videos or images - it doesn't really look like an exercise-site at all. You might want to consider having a bit more of a branding on the site - the logo is almost impossible to see, and very anonymous.
    I have no clue about the content of the site itself, so I'm not gonna talk about that - at least you do have some content (it seems), which is good.
    Perhaps the front page could be a bit more of a descriptive page, explaining what this is, provide some video or images which help inform, and you could have a separate blog-part for the posts (yes, I know I just recommended a sort of "landing page", but in this case, I think it might be better).

PoPSiCLe, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  3. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you so much man!

4. V_RocKs

V_RocKs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    V_RocKs, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  5. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot! I appreciate your honesty!

6. fir3143

fir3143 Banned

Best Answers:
    After reviewing your site, I am not pretty impressed with the design. You must add better graphics and you must post a unique and original content on your homepage. e.g sales letter. You can also add the blog posts you created so that it looks like a blog for fitness and nutrition. Hope this make sense.

fir3143, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  7. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I like the way you use wordpress basic theme . website looks good and content rich. I suggest: change post title color as it doesn't match theme color.

lucky ali, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  8. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couple questions. Why do you have tiny sized videos in the sidebar like that?

That's not an ideal place or size for them since nobody wants to watch a tiny sized video. Oh I could go fullscreen or watch on youtube but Im just lazy.

And why are you using that theme for? I know you're new to WP blogging but try to find a much nicer theme with some theme options.

By the way, if the category doesn't exist, you shouldn't really have a link for it on your homepage since its just going to show a broken page and you don't want to start getting them in WMT before you've even begun properly.

That said, hope you learn from all the reviews.

Regards.

Mkcoy, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  9. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot guys!

Richard Bolduc, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  10. Kelly Richardson

Kelly Richardson Member

Best Answers:
    http://calisthenicsworkout.org/index.php/2015/06/21/military-calisthenics-workout-routine/
    Blue color type while your theme colors is black, white and green, ruined formatting is no good, tiny images for content are no good. Fix them and it would do a wonder to visitor's eyes. Also if you dissabled comments - then just delete even hints that they were opened. It is better an absent comment form then just telling a person "I don't want you to comment".

Kelly Richardson, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  11. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    very helpful!! thanks. But I don't understand what you mean by blue color type. Yes, I removed the green color, but I use blue color for my links, is that okay?

Richard Bolduc, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  12. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what theme should I be using for my site?

Richard Bolduc, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  13. raffahacks

raffahacks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Change black background to very dark grey

raffahacks, Aug 2, 2015 IP
  14. eja730

eja730 Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel like the wording in the about me section is awkward and doesn't really say much about you at all. What experience do you have in the fitness and nutrition field? Why should your viewers take your advice?

eja730, Aug 4, 2015 IP