1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my new Website - ProsAndConsWiki.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Alex CS, May 18, 2015.

I am an amateur programmer and have recently launched my second website - http://www.prosandconswiki.com

As the name implies, it is a wiki for posting pros and cons. Could you please take a look and let me know what you think of it and what I can improve?

Thank you very much! Feel free to include any content, but please don't troll it ;D

Best regards,
    Alex

Alex CS, May 18, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You will almost have to come up with some navigation categorizing your posts (pros / cons). If and when it grows to thousands and thousands of posts browsing through them to find what you want will be a pain. A user has to choose a category first to add his/her pro/con, in my opinion.

I really, really like the idea, though. On top of that, your script can be used for other purposes (like turning it into a classified site, for instance) if tweaked a little.

qwikad.com, May 20, 2015 IP
  3. Alex CS

Alex CS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I never thought of the idea of spinning the code into something else! Very interesting! The category is made through topic tags that can be added to each page and which the user can search through the main search bar...don't you think that is enough?

Alex CS, May 20, 2015 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If they use the search before trying to browse through the pros / cons, then no it's not going to be an issue. The vast majority will probably not use the search bar to begin with. So, your 10 visible topics will get all the clicks and the rest will stay unrequired. At least, that's the way I see it. But I can be way off. :)

qwikad.com, May 20, 2015 IP
  5. Alex CS

Alex CS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You never know! It is definately something I'll keep in mind while looking at traffic data! First I need to build up some users though :p

Alex CS, May 20, 2015 IP