1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review My Infographic

Discussion in 'Design' started by Daaronin, May 25, 2014.

I made this infographic as a bio page for my band's site, and I was wondering what other people thought of it. I'd love any comments or criticism on it, because I really want to make it the best it can be. This is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

The color scheme is to go with my band's site, which is visible here: http://daaronin.com

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Daaronin, May 25, 2014 IP
    GFX2 likes this.
  2. Mercury's Child

Mercury's Child Member

Best Answers:
    I was about the mention the colour scheme when you said it matched your site. Still not sure about it; it appears quite dark but that might work with your music. The only other thing I'm not sure about it the top right graphic (that says Marcy Playground). Was Marcy Playground a bigger inspiration than Jonathon Coulton and Rise Against? It appears that these should be in proportion to the amount of influence if this is an infographic.

Mercury's Child, May 25, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Daaronin

Daaronin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Mercury's Child The sizing on those band names was intentional, because my music is a style of acoustic/alternative rock that sounds most similar to them. You could look at the site to see if you still like the color scheme or not, but I understand what you're getting at. Usually, you want an infographic to be a very flashy color palette that stands out.

Daaronin, May 27, 2014 IP
  4. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    These woodlogs sticking from "inspired by" are way too aggressive. They just penetrate the viewers' body bubble :)

Karuna17, May 27, 2014 IP
  5. Mercury's Child

Mercury's Child Member

Best Answers:
    @Daaronin: I took a look at the site as part of the review; sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm with Karuna, the 'inspired by' graphic still seems a little out of place. Definitely include what you were inspired by, but they are a little aggressive. And what I meant about them was that: was Marcy Playground a larger inspiration than Jonathan Coulton? Because to me it appears that these are sized by order of influence; is that was you were getting at? (if so, great. If not, perhaps not so great; I don't know really if it is a problem or not).

Mercury's Child, May 27, 2014 IP
  6. Daaronin

Daaronin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Mercury's Child Sorry that I wasn't clear, Marcy Playground is a bigger influence than Jonathan Coulton. The inspired by graphic was the first part I worked on in the graphic, so I would agree that it feels the most out of place. What would your advice be for fixing it? Making it more like the rest, in the sense that it wouldn't feel like it is coming off the page?

Daaronin, May 27, 2014 IP
  7. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    One more thing -- that copyright notice in the bottom, it adheres to general style, but judging from its message, it'd be a good a idea to make font size just a bit smaller.

Karuna17, May 28, 2014 IP
  8. SeventyTwo

SeventyTwo Member

Best Answers:
    Overall is nice, but imho, I would like to see some brighter colours. At least, some with more intensity. Big plus is that you're using a minimum amount of fonts!

SeventyTwo, May 29, 2014 IP
  9. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    Did you just mention RATM in your infographic?
    I like that band :)

Anyway, it looks good to me already. I'm not particular about the color or anything, what matters most to me is the information that is conveys.

jonrod, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  10. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks good, great color combo

scurvy, Jun 4, 2014 IP
  11. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like it, but probably the colors should be more attractive. I don't mean "brilliant", but something different. For the rest, is good for me.

12. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It`s good, the colors .... so so, but ditch the text shadow, make it plain. I meant all shadows, ditch them

webcosmo, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  13. limant

limant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    color combo has very few vividness.

limant, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  14. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is there anything more rock n roll than an infographic? Just kidding, it actually looks pretty good, but I wouldn't use an infographic to promote any type of music. Seriously, don't use it.

David Tile, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  15. Daaronin

Daaronin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your comments, it is great to get feedback for future projects. I am going to keep the colour scheme, because it works really nicely with my site. In the future however, I will make sure to use more eye-catching colour combinations.

@David Tile Why shouldn't I use it to promote my music?

Daaronin, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  16. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because infographics are great for marketing a business but definitely not "cool" for a band. In fact, this is the type of thing that gets made fun of on social media. But don't listen to me -- go ahead and use it.

David Tile, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  17. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    you know, I was thinking that you could use Infographic and music clips starting while moving the mouse pointer on the infographic. This would make it more cool. Could start also videos and similar to make some hype.

18. Kavalorn

Kavalorn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its nice and clean though the colors might be altered a bit, seems a tad gloomy at the moment - but I understand it is supposed to go along your web project. Otherwise I really like it, or perhaps add another color for the headlines of sections so they could stand our more?

Kavalorn, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  19. ruth007

ruth007 Banned

Best Answers:
    i love

ruth007, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  20. rahmanraza51

rahmanraza51 Banned

Best Answers:
    Look wise amazing and owesome I like these combination and great manage combination.

rahmanraza51, Aug 13, 2014 IP