1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my hosting website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by GPDHost, May 10, 2017.

Hello everyone

I'd like to ask you to review my website from clients perspective https://gpdhost.com/

1) First impression(describe your first few minutes on website.)
    2) Speed and navigation (page loading speed, is it easy to find what your looking for?)
    3) Design (does it look appealing for a client?)
    4) Overall (considering all pros and cons is it good or bad for you)

Thanks in advance, your opinions are appreciated.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    GPDHost, May 10, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Overall looks good. I don't like the fact that every time I click on a link the image with slide in texts comes up. It's ok for the index page, but then it becomes a distraction. As an example when I want to search for domain names, I don't need/want to see:

1.gif

qwikad.com, May 20, 2017 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The combinations of green and white, along with the grey on white in the header fall far short of accessibility minimums, most likely being illegible to around 30% of the population and headache inducing to another 10-15%. You have another failing on the accessibility front with the use of px metric fonts, and the use of placeholder to do LABEL's job results in a site that flips the bird at users with accessibility needs -- in a "WCAG, what's that?!?" kind of way.

Non mouse/non-touch site navigation seems to be broken and nonsensical, indicating broken/nonsensical non-semantic markup.

The goofy art faygelah bullshit rotaiting animate banner nonsense is a waste of space that doesn't tell users anything USEFUL about your services -- or if it actually does, it takes too damned long to get around to it. The most important info -- specials and rates -- are buried three page-scrolls down and/or on subpages, instead of being right there in the visitors face where it should be.

It is painful to watch load here, and the reason is plain as day -- 3.4 huffing megabytes spanning 102 separate files. Cache-clean first-load that's a real world average of 19 seconds overhead REGARDLESS of connection speed at either end, and worst case scenario pushing past two minutes. (on a 60mpbs cable connect here with only moderate shared traffic it took 27 seconds here to load). It's a fat bloated poorly slopped together wreck.

That 1.8 megs of that is 39 sepearate bits of scripttardery and another 1.4 megs spanning fifteen separate stylesheets SCREAMING "developer ineptitude" loud and proud, and only further reinforced by the 110k of markup to deliver 4.54k of plaintext and not even a dozen images I would consider to be content. You've got 3.8 megabytes spanning 100+ files doing 256k's spanning two dozen file's job.

Popping the bonnet to look at what's REALLY going on here, It's the idiotic dumbass mouth-breathing halfwit monument to developer ineptitude that is bootcrap, the equally mentally enfeebled jQueery, lack of media targets on the stylesheets, static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, <style> inside <body> where it is completely invalid, absolute URI's for no reason other than to waste bandwidth, gibberish and nonsensical use of numbered headings, pointless data attributes indicating "scripttardery for nothing" or worse, JavaScript written to do HTML and CSS' job, tables for layout, tags and attributes that were deprecated from HTML twenty years ago like <center> or target="" having no business in any HTML written after that time, paragraphs around non-grammatical paragraph content, <strong> on thing's that shouldn't be grammatically receiving "more emphasis", placeholder doing label's job, invalid table structure element order (you have tfoot AFTER tbody, that's incorrect, tfoot goes BETWEEN thead and tbody, not after).... I could go on for hours since there's 110k of markup doing 12-16k's job.

The level of developer ineptitude shown in the choice of colours, implementation of style, and coding methdology flat out means that whoever built that site, doesn't know enough about HTML, CSS, JavaScript, or accessibility guidelines to have been writing a website in the first damned place. In a "if you don't know what's wrong with this:"

<div class="pi-scroll-top-arrow"><span></span></div>
            <div id="pi-all">

<!-- Header -->
                <div class="pi-header">

<!-- Header row -->
                    <div class="pi-section-w pi-section-grey" style="background: #f4f6f6 !important;">
                        <div class="live-chat-mob pi-section pi-row-sm">
                            <div class="pi-row-block" style="margin-right: 5px;">
                                <ul id="whmcsusermenu" class="pi-simple-menu pi-has-hover-border pi-full-height" style="display: none;">
                                    <li class="dropdown" id="Secondary_Navbar-Account">
                                        <a class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" href="#">
                                            <div id="whmcsuname" style="float:left;">Hello, test &nbsp;</div><b class="caret"></b></a>
                                        <ul class="dropdown-menu">

Code (markup):
    "Do the world a favor, back the *** away from the keyboard, and take up something less detail oriented like macramé" kind of way.

If you came to me as a client with that, I would tell you to pitch that entire mess in the trash and start over with content of value in a logical order, coded with semantic markup, separation of presentation from content, and at least SOME clue as to the basics of web accessibility. Just be glad this isn't for a government, public utility, financial institution, or regulated business in a countrly like the UK, Canada, etc -- since the violations of accessibility norms alone could result in fines or even civil lawsuits if those types of sites were implemented this way.

There is little to anything there I would even TRY to salvage from that mess.

deathshadow, May 23, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd be concerned that a google search of your address shows a building under construction. Now, I know that they're not always up to date but that would alarm me. You're in Georgia, the country, so when you say "my website" I'm assuming that it's a client's site?

sarahk, May 23, 2017 IP
  5. rupesh_ic

rupesh_ic Member

Best Answers:
    This is a professional looking website. Everything including user experience is well taken care of. The speed of the website is also too good. By the way, what is the theme which you have used on this website?

rupesh_ic, May 23, 2017 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Given that the address provided on the site is one of Verizon's more well known data centers, I'd say it's probably his, he's just listing his hosting space on the address to try and make himself look domestic and legitimate despite running the business from Caucasus.

Which isn't actually that bad an idea given that US domestic businesses trust Eurasian businesses about as far as I could throw the USS Iowa.

deathshadow, May 23, 2017 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Maybe not, but before I trust my online business to a company I'm going to check out their location and make sure everything lines up. Turning privacy on doesn't help, just makes it worse.

sarahk, May 23, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Just make sure you don't use your personal phone #. The amount of spam calls / texts you'll get will be overwhelming. Learned it the hard way in my early days. :)

qwikad.com, May 24, 2017 IP
  9. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Businesses that sell domain names and hosting use to serve customers globally. A customer from the UK can for example buy hosting from a US hosting provider. This global aspect is highlighted in the image where you display a globe. Also it's good in the domain search section that you have the image with www. and domain endings like .com, .net and .info. It corresponds well with the category.

MrKing01, Jul 21, 2017 IP