1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review My Health & Fitness Website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by jackkay, Jun 3, 2015.

I started a fitness website almost 3 years ago and it's currently receiving about 1000 visitors a day (22,281 hits from may-june), roughly 800 of those visitors are unique and comes from organic search results. (see google analytics screenshot attached below).

The website offers articles as well as product reviews that I recommend to my readers.

I recently started investing more time I using different strategies to get more people subscribing to my list. (eg, popup optins, landing pages) and it has helped a little.

I get around 4-5 new subscribers a day out of the 1000 visitors that come to my website (see google anlyatics screenshot for traffic stats).

In the beginning my writing was quite poor but as time went by to got better at writing articles for my site.

I would like you guys to review my website and give me your honest opinion on why you think I might not be getting many subscribers and very few sales?

The site is justinkavanaghfitness.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    jackkay, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  2. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What are people searching for when they arrive at your site? Give them more of that. I dont like the huge sign up thingy right there on the front page. Maybe make it 75 percent smaller. Then, upon browsing. a big window popped up telling me to do something. I didnt like that either lol. sorry. You've got some nice stuff on there, but you need to look at the what the people are searching for - and put lots of that on there. Maybe a menu plan with x amount of calories.. etc. Not sure what all you DO have on there. That's just my opinion after a few minute visit. :)

Karen May Jones, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  3. thuthuatwordpress

thuthuatwordpress Active Member

Best Answers:
    Perfect optin form to build email list, some other opinion
    1. Too large header, I think it's better to resize the logo the the top right element to 1 line only, now it's quite big and take much space, the audience would roll down more
    2. Category articles: I see your posts are classified into many category, so the homepage should divide into many widget/box to display the category post, it's much easier to navigate.

thuthuatwordpress, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  4. jackkay

jackkay Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your feedback guys. I would agree with karen on the email box at the top of the site. I will work on making it smaller and more appealing. Aside.

I have popup squeeze pages on certain blog posts to hopefully capture emails from people visiting those pages. I'm only experimenting right now as I've tried lots of different ways to get subscribers and I've found popup forms to work better. Although I am open to other suggestions.

My main target audience is "men trying to burn fat and build muscle naturally". It's pretty broad but I only write what I know about. I am getting about 5 new subscribers a day, so guess it's not all that bad.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    jackkay, Jun 3, 2015 IP