1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review my Gas Site

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by domainer_10, Aug 10, 2008.

1. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to doubleclick on a location in the map for it to zoom in. I can't reformat the table, its javascript sourced. ;)

Yeah content will be added later in a few weeks. Im working on another project at the same time, so im working strictly on design and layout for now.

domainer_10, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  2. seo007

seo007 Banned

Best Answers:
    Very Nice Theme, Perefect Contents Usage.. keep it up..

seo007, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  3. Cruelio.com

Cruelio.com Peon

Best Answers:
    not too bad

Cruelio.com, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  4. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for comments. Reps added. All opinions negative or positive appreciated.

domainer_10, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  5. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way the forum is dofollow and registration is instant, so add your links to signature and start posting if you want a chance to pick up some easy backlinks. Ill add more folders for discussion later when I work on the site more. The site will have a lot of search engine authority once I get more backlinks and content.

domainer_10, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  6. RoyDixon

RoyDixon Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok.. First off, the concept is cool. I've bookmarked it. I do like the logo and banner. There are a couple of things I would like to see. First, when I click the map I expect something to happen. I automatically assume that I can click on a city or county or even state. It's not a big deal, but it is an assumption I think many people will make. Maybe you could change the hover state of the mouse.. have it display the word "pan" or something. The zip code thing works like a charm. If the prices are current, I will use this. One more thing, You have a place to "log in" but maybe you should have a link to "sign up" or "register". Other than that I love it.

RoyDixon, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  7. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your comments. Another person said the same thing about clicking the map. I just told the previous poster, you can doubleclick on a part of the map and it zooms in. You have to keep double clicking to zoom into your area more and more. if you don't see anything its because there is no "gas spotters" in that area because it is to rural. Plus you can search by state, city, and zip code anyways to get there faster.

As for sign up or register, that comes when you want to add a price to a station yourself. Then it directs you to gasbuddy where you add it. Also if you click the log in button, it asks if you want to make an account at gasbuddy. I have no control over how the map is shown or anything like that.

domainer_10, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  8. maddogranger

maddogranger Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks nice..

maddogranger, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  9. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Rep given.

I just posted my first gas article on the blog. You will find it very interesting I think, so I encourage you to read it.

domainer_10, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  10. allthegoodnamesweretaken

allthegoodnamesweretaken Peon

Best Answers:
    First off I'd just like to say what a great tool!
    I'll be using it in the future-- bookmarked :)

Here comes the review though.
    In the banner, whilst I like the images I don't think the text is very...uhhh...creative to say the least :p
    Perhaps go for something a bit fancier or even web 2.0? :)
    Another think about the banner is I think you should round the top edges-- something very small, but all the same I think it does make a difference (or is this just me being fussy again LOL)

Gas Saving Tips page is a good idea too.

Not sure if the forum will catch on. I mean, after the initial "OMFGZZZ da petrul prises r gowin uhhp" and the posts about "How much is it in your area?". After that I think it's pretty much dead? (Or I could be wrong... Enlighten me :))

Hope I've helped.

11. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

I do agree that it will be hard to maintain repeat forum traffic. I conceived that before I started the site. Thats why the site also has a blog and gas price checker. Regardless if the forum catches on, as long as I get the initial gas traffic thats all that matters. My main goal is to get the traffic and I believe I can do that because Ill be adding enough content to everything to make that possible. Whether people keep coming back after the first visit doesn't really matter that much. Most of the other websites I have, get very few "repeat visitors" anyways.

Anyways I just added the folders to the gas forum, I might tweak the folders a bit, but as you can see there are many different things to discuss.

12. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    All folders are up on forum and 4 links are allowed in signature. You guys can post if you want. My Forum is dofollow ;)

13. adutop

adutop Peon

Best Answers:
    i had the same problem with clicking but if i used the mouse wheel it zoomed right in no problem

cool site

adutop, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  14. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

or you just double click about 2 or 3 times in a row. If you don't see anything after that its because there are no gas spotters in that area.

15. phpaddicted

phpaddicted Peon

Best Answers:
    Very cool website.

phpaddicted, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  16. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. After adding the folders to my forum and the first post to my blog and everything else, I realized the site is turning out a lot better than I had first envisioned. :D

domainer_10, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  17. RoyDixon

RoyDixon Peon

Best Answers:
    I've told a bunch of my friends about the site. I check it every day. Great idea.

RoyDixon, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  18. David J.

David J. Peon

Best Answers:
    That's very interesting - I wonder why the gas prices in North Carolina are so much higher than in south Carolina.

David J., Aug 14, 2008 IP
  19. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks. :D

There are so many interesting topics I could write about my blog and forum. I need to add more content to the blog and start some threads at the forum, in a few weeks when I find time. I got some other things Im working on at the same time.

domainer_10, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  20. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just updated the logo. I think it looks nicer and more professional now. It took me awhile just to modify it a bit to make it look better. Its very tough thinking of a unique logo for this type of site.

domainer_10, Aug 20, 2008 IP