1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my FREE resale rights web-site.

Discussion in 'Websites' started by dvchaos, Jul 16, 2015.

Over at http://www.doneforyou.club/

The Done for YOU CLUB.
    Everything you need to make money online done for you!

any feedback welcomed..

Regards,
    Tom Brett.

dvchaos, Jul 16, 2015 IP
  2. peteb99

peteb99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tom,
    I'm definitely no expert but here are some comments which I hope you may find helpful:
    • There is a lot of white space 'above the fold'. People who scan a site and decide quickly whether or not it's of interest may never see most of your content, which is 'below the fold'.
    • There are too many straplines in the banner. Simplify. Find one strapline or call to action that encapsulates the proposition.
    • Do you think your personal Facebook and Twitter feeds are so important they need to be right at the top of the page? Personally I think they're irrelevant and wasting valuable real-estate. They de-professionalise your site.
    • The girl and flying money image gives the page a 'scammy/spammy' impression to me. There's loads more wasted white space consumed by the graphic. The clumsily drawn crossing outs on the Outlook screen capture look amateurish. Can't you motion blur or something to make it look better. (Also, evidence of a paypal income statement might be more convincing!)
    • You are using underlining in your paragraph headers. Underlining is normally associated with links and could be misleading. The second lot of text uses the red triangle images as bullets but omits the graphic from the heading whereas the other sections are the other way round.
    • Finally, the 'fashion' these days is to produce 'responsive' sites which are mobile-friendly. Unfortunately yours isn't. I have a feeling Google already is penalising non-mobile-friendly sites or intends to in the future. Either way, mobile users may struggle to use your site as it is. (FWIW I have had a lot of success using Pinegrow to try to make my sites responsive - it's a fairly cheap piece of software and the best of its type that I have found. Certainly takes the technical grunt out of using responsive frameworks like Bootstrap.)
    I hope that's of some help.

All the best,

Pete

peteb99, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. The page looks a little hosh-posh - strapped together without an overall design in mind. The graphics on several parts of the site looks amateurish (the button next to your own Twitter and Facebook feed, for instance) - remove them. Create proper buttons using markup and CSS, don't use images. It's really very 2001. The whitespace issue have been mentioned, also the header - get rid of the bowed line of text - just stick with the black text to the left. The blue bowed text looks, again, amateurish.

A page claiming to sell, teach you to profit, or similar avenues needs to look VERY professional - this looks like a scam, due to the design. Granted, good design isn't necessarily a sign of a good site, but it leads users to believe it is.

Get rid of the "rate this" stars. Really - haven't got anything to do on a professional site.

As stated, the blotches on the Outlook-image looks bad, use a pixelation (of the whole name, not just small parts), and better yet, use a Paypal-statement - it will lend a lot more weight. However, neither is proof of anything, I can mock up a Paypal statement in about 2 minutes showing I make a million a day. Might not be the smartest thing to claim that it is "evidence" in any way, until you've already gained the visitor's trust.

Other pages: the image of you, man. No, just no. You look like a redneck who's about to BBQ. Why would I trust you know ANYTHING about money? Dress up, take a nice picture (without sunglasses) and repost.

Not that it looks legit, it seems to me like a pyramid scheme (which it probably is, it's just called something else), but good luck anyway.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  4. dvchaos

dvchaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for the valuable input!
    :0) that's most helpful...

dvchaos, Jul 18, 2015 IP
  5. dvchaos

dvchaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made a few changes based on that input
    Check it out now! http://www.doneforyou.club/

dvchaos, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Better, but still some tweaks should be done - first of all, you should move the "honestonline"-button to the bottom of the page (the footer) - the placement in the header breaks the design, and it doesn't look good. Or maybe place it in the sidebar.
    The 100% satisfied guarantee is maybe a little too big? Maybe reduce the image size a bit.
    You still need to fix the headings on the front page (some with the red triangle, some without).
    I still don't like the buttons (the honestonline one and the "join now" one at the bottom) - they look like they're made in Paint, about 10 years ago. By that I mean they look aged, and not in a good way. I would probably try to work on those (I get that the first one is provided by the service, but the second one, the join now-button, doesn't have to be an image at all, just a regular link <a>-tag styled in the form of a button).

Improvement, but not quite there yet, I think.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  7. dvchaos

dvchaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks dood .. that's great feedback :0) most useful ..
    I'll see what I can do.

:0)

dvchaos, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  8. dvchaos

dvchaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Much more changes based on your valuable input :0)

Check it out now!

http://www.doneforyou.club/

Thanks!

dvchaos, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  9. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Much better :)

PoPSiCLe, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  10. dvchaos

dvchaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Made even more changes!! :0)

Especially to http://www.doneforyou.club/gold-downloads/
    and

http://www.doneforyou.club/platinum-downloads/

Pages! Check it out :0)

dvchaos, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  11. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Not too bad, but here's a suggestion:
    You might wanna include the informtion about the platinum, gold and free memberships on one page - you know the type, a list running down the page, with a green checkmark for what's included, and a red X for what's not - the way it is now, if I go to the Platinum section, I have to click specifically on the Gold section to see what I get with that package. Generates extra clicks, but is sorta annoying for the customer.
    Also, on the Gold-page, the video-blurbs, with the blue graphic with "video #something" - it's a little bit confusing - it LOOKS like it could be clickable links, which it isn't - I would suggest removing the images alltogether, or at least removing the PLAY-icon in front of the video-number - that way it will be easier to distinguish that this is just descriptions, not actual links to the videos.
    Think "less is more" when it comes to design - more often than not, simplifying things gets you better returns.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  12. dvchaos

dvchaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    How's this ? http://www.doneforyou.club/all/

dvchaos, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  13. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Nope.
    Do this: get rid of the hideous green font, and drop what it says alltogether - no need to say "product 1" and so forth. On the gold level, include a line with "everything in the free package, plus:" and on the platinum "everything in both the free and gold package, plus:" or something similar.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  14. dvchaos

dvchaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    How's this?
    Cheers .. how's this? http://www.doneforyou.club/all/
    Now?

dvchaos, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  15. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Better :) Still not entirely fond of the color choices, but it's a lot better the way it is now than it was when you started :)

PoPSiCLe, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  16. dvchaos

dvchaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have my reasons for color choice ;0) (which I won't go into ...) .. lol...
    But it's better over-all thanks to your advice .. awesome dood .. thanks for your help ~T>

dvchaos, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  17. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Fixed width layout, fixed metric fonts, as mentioned by others endless pointless over-use of whitespace leading to the It's a big bun, big fluffy bun, it's a very big bun reaction from first-time visitors... It's a failure from both design, accessibility AND content standpoints.

Of course, it's turdpress I'm not even going to go into what a bloated train wreck of ineptitude the codebase is.

Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

deathshadow, Jul 24, 2015 IP