1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review my DSLR Camera & Accessories Review Website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by cb2mall, Apr 11, 2014.

cb2mall, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  2. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, here my try:

My first impression was unclear. I was not sure whether I was on a site in which I could buy cameras or just read about them. I noticed your disclaimer on the footer about the affiliate links you post, so I immediately thought "Ok, so this is an affiliate site". It was a little disappointing.

From there, I think I can suggest you two things: Perhaps removing that disclaimer would be the most important one.

Next, I have to say that probably you chose the wrong colours. When I think in photography I do not think in grey, certainly. If it is not going to take much, why don't you try a more lively colour combination?

Also, the font at the top bar was a little small and a little dark. Consider making the font slightly larger in that area and enhancing contrast there.

Next, you have a slide-show of three cameras. There is a problem there. The buttons are hidden in the rotation. Besides this, I would add that it has already shown that slide-shows decrease the conversion rate of any site. Consider removing it and replacing it for a random featured product with a Javascript array.

Lastly, I copied and pasted one complete paragraph on your site on Google to check the renown "duplicate content" issue with search engines. I found 17600 results of the paragraph I searched. I suggest taking your time to write your own texts if you want to avoid SEO issues.

Hope this helps.

Tedel, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  3. HostingRaid

HostingRaid Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall I like it. It's easy to navigate and look at it.
    I'm personally not a fan of sites that have all white, but that's just me.

Looking good though!

HostingRaid, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  4. cb2mall

cb2mall Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have removed the disclaimer as per your suggestion. But as far as the color combination, I somehow liked this black and grey. Still I will again look into it as the time goes by. The review articles are original and not copied from other sites. But still I will also look into it.
    Anyway thanks for your super review.
    Guys, please take a look and give your honest opinion to improve the site overall.

Thanks

cb2mall, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  5. Waseem Simi

Waseem Simi Banned

Best Answers:
    your website color is very nice and also lots of products add .. if article is original then it is very good for your website. so carry your work.

Waseem Simi, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  6. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @cb2mall ,

Just looked at your site.
    The design looks good , but try to have some appealing colors that may please the audience.

Feedback on technical aspects:
    1. When I loaded the site at first , it was very slow , so try to optimize the site for better loading time.
    2. Site's WP version 3.8.3 , upgrade to the latest stable version 3.9
    3. There is no Sitemap page & also there is no XML sitemap that you can submit to Google for better indexing
    4. Check for W3C validation , it has around 79 errors & 96 warnings
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0
    5. Contact page , just has a contact form , include phone number / fax as well as other social media profile links , so that visitors can follow you & post their comments
    6. Menu at the top is not that gr8 & visibility is poor , so use proper menu below the "Review of Best DSLR" image.
    7. As of now I don't see any logo for your website , a website without logo will not look professional & it is like a man with no upper cloth :)
    (so create a nice / attractive logo to suit your domain name & website content)

For the content & design related feedback , I hope others would have suggested you or will be suggesting you

Hope this helps :)

phptechie, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  7. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Useless poorly written thin affiliate site with fake reviews --> epic fail.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Agent000, Apr 17, 2014 IP