1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my domain website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by madmn, Jun 24, 2020.

madmn, Jun 24, 2020 IP
  2. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Errrm... if you wanted to create a personal blog, I'd say it's "nice and clean" design, user friendly for reading the articles. But you're not looking for blog readers, you're looking for domain buyers. So this is my five cents:

Stock photo in the header just doesn't belong there, it's... too stock. That's the only image on the page, and it kind of whispers "You know, there should be at least one image on the front page, you cannot have a front page without any single image, so, that's why I'm here..."

Logo (if it can be called logo, it's just domain URL within box) is non-attractive, and does not link back to home page as it is usually the case, and slogan "Your Source for Premium Domain Names for Sale", it's just too bland; "for sale" is just surpluss, of course they are for sale, not giveaway... You should play with your domain name: "Domains with no limits", "Limit your budget, don't limit your domain", "Limits exist to be broken, that's why we are here", I don't know, but the current one just doesn't click for me. The domain name itself is not attractive, "limit" is not really positive word, at least not in my vocabulary, so you should play with it, to turn over its meaning.

Domains for sale occupy less than one third of the space, just a column with generic, blue underlined links, which looks sooooooo outdated, like a link farm. Domains should occupy the prominent space, your best domains should scream from the start page into the visitor's face, possibly with a logo.

Middle column, "Why Invest in a Premium Domain Name", is just a generic bla-bla; it's good to have it somewhere below the domain name, but having it here is just waste of space.

Finally, another one third of the space for "Recent blog", which might not be bad, especially if posts were like of "How my new domain name increased my conversions" (which I don't find there; your top post is "
    The Internet & Covid-19"; every Joe and his dog write about virus these days, so don't expect many readers will be interested in that article); however, those links lead me to quite different site, Zeus Host. If you wanted to distract a visitor and direct him out of your marketplace instead of selling him a domain, well, you're on the right track!

Zeus Host is also mentioned in the footer, so it sounds confusing. If you have to mention it, then explain, "Limit Domains is part of Zeus Host group", or whatever, but you cannot just put different site as copyright holder.

Link "Buy domain" over that poor header image leads me again to a Zeus Host site, to open a ticket with "General Enquires" department. What am I supposed to do there"? To enquire if I can purchase pepsi.com or gmail.com from hosting company that I reached via another company that sells domains? It looks fishy, you cannot send someone to "buy domain" in another site before you've shown him what domains are there to be bought!

If I click that outdated looking link, majority of domains link nowhere, after half of minute of waiting, I get "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site." So what's the purpose of the link then, if it doesn't go anywhere? The link should go either to home page of that specific domain, or to internal page dedicated to that domain. In both cases, that page must contain relevant information - method of purchase (offer, buy it now) and clear form to submit offer or buy it now message, and should contain additional information related to that domain - age, global searches, explanation of domain niche, how many other extensions are already registered, etc. In your case, it seems there is one single domain that goes to internal page, https://limit.domains/commercial.recipes/, but that page does not exist, it returns 404.

If you resolve those issues, you should not use generic ticketing system, looks like WHMCS, to process inquiries for domain sale! You should at least adapt it for domain sale, or use some other form processor, either some form created in php, or off the shelf form solutions such as JotForms.

Apart from filtering domains by first letter, you should provide more filters, at least keyword, extension and price range. Once I filter specific letter from this list, I couldn't find a way to display again all domains, except by going back to front page, which may take some ime if I clicked a dozen of letters, or by manually typing URL in address bar again. You should provide another link, "Show all domains", and it would help if you show number of domains in each category (e.g., instead of "E", there should be "E (2)", meaning there are two domains starting with E.

Finally, one sensitive and rude question; is this all your inventory, these 30 domains listed on home page? I'm not a valuation expert, and I don't know what price tag you attached to them, but I'm afraid you will have a hard time selling any of them for any meaningful profit...

Saputnik, Jun 27, 2020 IP