1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my do-follow PR3 site and give suggestions

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by thinkjayant, Mar 18, 2009.

Hi,

After two full days of customization, I have made a wonderful and fresh theme and updated my blog. Please review it and let me know your views on the following:

1. is the site too much graphics heavy?
    2. is having dofollow in comments a good option?
    3. any suggestion for increasing traffic

i would be thankful to you.

regards
    TJ

thinkjayant, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a good lookin' blog ! You have done a nice job .

The graphic header ? It's a bit big, and there is some wasted space, but I like the elements of it. Not sure if you need both the guy jotting down notes, and Superman, unless there was some transition from one to the other...or maybe if Superman had a "B" on his chest (for blogger).

Seems like the space under "inspirational blogging to unleash the super blogger in you", there should be something underneath there...it looks empty...maybe make that text larger to fill in the space, or ad more text....but I only pointed that out because you asked...overall it looks very nice, very professional.

hmansfield, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  3. esauldaris

esauldaris Peon

Best Answers:
    Okey. Heres my reviews about your blog:

1. Loading time is not bad. I need 10 second to opened. But maybe you must fix the width of page into 100%.
    2 & 3. Dofollow is the best option to increase more traffic. Do not use moderation, but still set the dofollow comment after 5 days. Just use dofollow plugins for wp.

esauldaris, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  4. thinkjayant

thinkjayant Peon

Best Answers:
    The theme uses fix width so the graphics are displayed correctly. But i will try to scale it down to llok comfortably on resultions from 1024 and above

Only graphics are in the header images. Don't know how more to reduce them without losing quality. But will try to make it load faster.

Finally, yeah the header shows transformation from regular blogger to super blogger using blog tips. I think i need to reduce the empty space. Maybe will try to make header appear bigger. In future i want to add a single ad banner on the top header.

I follow dofollow for comments and nofollow for link in blog text. reason simple most of the website i link are popular services and they are rarely dofollow. so whay share the linkjuice to them. But i give away linkjuice to my commentators who comments on my blog.

this theme is a child theme of a popular free theme framework called hybrid. i plan to sell this theme to mass audience in future, although with some variations ofcourse.

Keep coming more reviews. Thanks
    TJ

thinkjayant, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  5. Sudhir Goyal

Sudhir Goyal Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall blog is very good. Great work.

However, I feel you should give some margin/padding in the left of post as I felt difficulty in reading the matter in the extreme left in my browser resolution of 800 * 600. It may improve visitors experience, like me.

With best wishes.

Sudhir Goyal, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  6. chipdouglas

chipdouglas Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a really good looking site!

I have to agree with hmansfield about the header but other than that it looks great!

chipdouglas, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  7. 2advance

2advance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Attractive header image. I think the banner and the menu looks too large, try to decrease tits size.

2advance, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  8. thinkjayant

thinkjayant Peon

Best Answers:
    i have increased the size of header text. I cannot decrease the banner size as then i will need to reduce the character's size.

i will let it hang this ways for few days then play with reducing the size, as it takes up screen size. By the way can some one comment on the social media integration. i have put up dedicated buttons at the end of each post. how good do they look over all?

thanks and regards
    TJ

thinkjayant, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  9. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    It loads very slowly .
    Anyway the design is not bad .

justinlorder, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  10. BLuka

BLuka Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well done, the design is very good and the content.

BLuka, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  11. thinkjayant

thinkjayant Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know about slow load times. As i did not experience any. However i am working on to reduce the load times by delinking some content and reduce size of images

regards
    TJ

thinkjayant, Mar 21, 2009 IP