1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review my 1st website.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by tucal, Jul 3, 2008.

1. nicangeli

nicangeli Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever tool he used, I would not recommend. <center> <font> tags should put you right off the code, there so 1999.

The site wasn't aesthetically bad, yet it won't be winning any awards. I agree with others, I would strip out all of the cheap clipart.

The hit counter as the bottom of the site serves no purpose at all, other than to make me see that you have only had 3XX hits, not needed get rid.

Your ad placement is also not brilliant, I would move it up into the content to get yourself more clicks.

I would also make the forum open in the same window, in fact, the fact that it opened in a new window immediately made me close it, so I didn't even look at that.

I am also sure that your content is very good, but my eyes had a hard time concentrating on it, let alone reading it. I would split the page up more, use a different font size/color/weight on the headings on the following page,

http://www.beatthegas.com/Fuel_Saving_Tips.html

I would also consider reducing the width of the content, break it up more to help users read it.

OVERALL, not bad for a first website, however plenty of work to be done.

nicangeli, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  2. andysm849

andysm849 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good design, but if you want to make money make sure you put a lot of adsense in and around the page contents. People aren't going to click on the ones on the bottom very often.

andysm849, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  3. mytvtalk

mytvtalk Active Member

Best Answers:
    looks nice for a first site, well done. also as you continue you will get better, i remmeber my first site. not as ipressive as yours but now i think my sites are really good so practice makes better.

mytvtalk, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  4. dashenman

dashenman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really like the design... Could tone down the font size as mentioned. You might want to add a section on Free videos from YouTube - that would add to the site and garner more interest and links. All-in-all, it is really nice for your first site. Congrats!

dashenman, Jul 4, 2008 IP
  5. risoknop

risoknop Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks pretty good. I would play with Adsense box colors a bit and make it "blend" into the website more.

I would probably choose a sans-serif font type (tahoma or verdana) to make it look better. Current font is a bit awkward.

risoknop, Jul 4, 2008 IP