1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my 1st Website

Discussion in 'Design' started by love**, Dec 3, 2011.

1. digitalpoint317

digitalpoint317 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have done a good job.I advice you to continue your efforts
    faithfully. but make the color management more better.good luck.
    SEMrush

digitalpoint317, Dec 9, 2012 IP
    SEMrush
  2. cuties090

cuties090 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi dude, as a newbie in web design,i should say this site is good.But it's too simple for a website,since there is so much blank and the color is too dark.You may choose various colors.Also the font is not good enough.On the left side,you may put more things.Otherwise,it's a waste of space.
    I recommend that you may find professional guys to get it improved.The layout,the picture,the color,the font and the content.Web designers and copywriters are very easy to get on some crowdsourcing websites like Witmart,Elance,designcrowd,ect.You dont need to refresh it ,just do some modifications.You post your requirement on Witmart by providing some reward,then you may gain a lot.

cuties090, Dec 12, 2012 IP
  3. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    All purely my opinion, of course...

1. You need to decide if it's a business page or a personal page. If it's business, I'd lose the members' images, "about me" section and change some of the wording (such as "Follow us" rather than "Follow me").

2. You really need to get someone to correct your text - for starters, they're called "ladles", not "laddles". The rest has similar errors that need correcting to project the proper image.

3. Dark sites are almost always the first choice of new bloggers. And they're VERY hard to get right (unless you're an artist, photographer or designer). Lighter colours almost always work better for companies (white, mostly).

4. ENORMOUS waste of space on the left. Get rid of that sidebar or use it for an ad.

5. You're on Blogger. Ugly as sin. For starting out, it's fine (of course) but you'll want to switch to a decent platform at some point. Of course, that's a VERY personal opinion (that I've never seen a Blogger blog that isn't ugly, annoying, hard to navigate and amateurish) but hey, I said this was all just opinion at the start... ;)

6. Your nav bar has a load of blank entries on it. Get rid of them.

7. Assuming this is a business page, I'd get rid of the ad in the header. They almost always make pages look more like a personal blog or "earn money quick!" setup that's more concerned with ads than presenting a reliable, honest company. The exception to that is if you're running a gallery or screen-width photo blog or something that leaves little other space for an ad. If you want another ad somewhere instead of the one in the header, use the left column for a skyscraper and title it "Advertisement" - clearly marking non-affiliated ads is always better on a company site.

8. Your posts are dated. You need to either create stuff like "Ladles" as an undated page (i.e. a permanent fixture) or make it clear that you're blogging about them and it's one of many regular entries. And if it's a blog entry, put some text in it - talk to your customers.

9. You have posts in December and posts in July. And nothing in between. Move some around so it at least LOOKS like you blog regularly (assuming it's not a static page). If you're struggling for ideas, post ONE pic and a bit of text about the item in each post. That should give you enough content to stretch across several months at one post per week.

10. If it's a static page, switch to a template that does static content better. I'm not a Blogger blogger (I use WP) but there must be some that are better suited if this is your purpose.

11. There's no engagement. The ladles post, for example, has a comment box... what on earth would I comment about? There's no text, no personality, no content... just some pics. Engage your audience if you intend to use this as a promotional tool.

Overall it's a nice, clean layout. I'm not one for dark colours but, ignoring that, it's simple and clear. The ads look unprofessional (because they're white on black and appear in strange places) but that's easily remedied with better placement - I'd go for a 160x600 skyscraper in the left sidebar and a single 250x250 (or 300x250 or whatever fits) in the right column, covering the fold.

All in all, concern yourself more with content, personality and engagement. Worry less about including loads of ads. You could use a site like cooltext.com to generate a simple text logo to make things prettier.

Keep up the work: it's a GREAT start that just needs tweaking and perfecting as you learn more about blogging.

Hope it helps.

Edit: P.S. The site has no title tag, so it appears on my browser as ".", rather than a site name (up on the tab at the top).

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    TIEro, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  4. xavierjames

xavierjames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your website looks very simple & nice !

xavierjames, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  5. InvestInPixels

InvestInPixels Member

Best Answers:
    Boring topic but a good attempt for your first site.

InvestInPixels, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  6. BarbaraMibram

BarbaraMibram Peon

Best Answers:
    If this is your first site, then very good....

BarbaraMibram, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  7. OOPS.ee

OOPS.ee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What is cool here? I'm not sure, but probably at least half of DP members are drunk or using some kind of hard drugs..
    There is nothing nice in this web-site.. It's totally undone and looks like shit..
    Regular black awful template, that was probably remade from not black one.. It's like really bad work done, from the point of design, here is nothing to review, because here is no design at all..
    If you want to hear good reviews about your design, then you need to do it, not to show us something, that can create a monkey with the banana in her left hand..
    All the best

OOPS.ee, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  8. Tweet Like 2,506

Tweet Like 2,506 Banned

Best Answers:
    Good site I like It KEEP IT MORE WORK

Tweet Like 2,506, Jan 18, 2013 IP