1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review a Website Layout for Graphic Design Service

Discussion in 'Websites' started by RazorGFX, Feb 24, 2015.

?

Would you make an inquiry / appointment after visiting this site?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hello everyone,

I'm a creative designer who is relaunching my professional service web site with a new look and format. My target market is small business owners and individuals who are starting a new business since that has been the bulk of my clients in the past. My particular area of concern right now is a better conversion rate of site views to appointments so what I am interested in knowing is: From a small business owner perspective who have purchased some kind of art or design services in the past, is there anything in this design that's an immediate turn off to you that would keep you from making an appointment once you've visited the site? Likewise, is there anything that can be done better or not present at all that would prompt you to make a follow up appointment after visiting?

The site is not live yet, only in the design phase. I'm not trying to promote my business yet, so there is not any identifying information about my business. There is generic "lorem ipsum" placeholder text and not actual sales copy. Some have previously said this makes the site look like a template and I understand that... in part it is a template from which I'll build the site from.

Praises and encouragements are welcomed too, since it gives me a better indication of what percentage of overall viewers like/dislike the design.

Thanks so much for reading this and giving me your honest impressions!
    You can see the design on Imgur: http://imgur.com/SKYvg4H

RazorGFX, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  2. BMR777

BMR777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Something about your layout just really turns me off. I think it is too much blue. Also, I don't like the way the main images on the homepage are laid out. Instead of having the four categories on a diagonal like that, maybe have a slideshow that rotates through the categories?

I think rather than having services, about us and contact all the way at the bottom, you really need a traditional style website navigation at the top in some form, rather than trying to fit everything on one page. Also, the social media icons look really weird stacked like that.

You also have multiple fonts on the page which I find weird. As a rule, usually you want to have either one font for the whole site, or two fonts with one being for the headers and the other being for the paragraph copy.

BMR777, Mar 2, 2015 IP