1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review 3PDF.com - Google search

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by JamesColin, Nov 4, 2009.

1. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    How the site is performing in terms of traffic SENSERELY ??
    Did you had the chance to check our proposals and decided what is next step to improve the page?

Good luck in 2010!

shmekerosu, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  2. TemplarMarketeer

TemplarMarketeer Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen PDF search engines like this and the software to intergrate them into FireFox, I just don't know why anyone would actually search for a PDF unless they were searching for a particular EBook.

TemplarMarketeer, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  3. iTunes

iTunes Member

Best Answers:
    Home page looks a little untidy, but i really am loving the script.

Also, try to edit the CSS do that the overlay over the buttons does not alter the size.

IMO it makes a professional site look less professional.

Regards,

iTunes, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  4. warrior02

warrior02 Peon

Best Answers:
    its a cool site
    excellent job

warrior02, Jan 9, 2010 IP
  5. omniscient

omniscient Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice site, Simple but cool. :)

omniscient, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  6. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think placement is good. Just wait for the traffic.

checkblog, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  7. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you all for your input. Unfortunately Google has decided to penalize my site at the start of the year. I don't know why, but it's like that.

JamesColin, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  8. daniar

daniar Guest

Best Answers:
    i think you get new traffic from other search engine, i see it from the extreme tracker, as for the suggestion, i think it is already fine, only the design that i don't really like..does not look neat and don't attract people to come back again for the second visit, that's my opinion

daniar, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  9. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Senserely, what you understand from 'penalized' (google) ? You mean that is not showing in search results on google searches?

Beside Google, what is Yahoo or Msn/BING traffic from SE searches? Just as curiosity because also this can be 20-40% of traffic sources nowadays.

Good luck! (I saw you wrote Google regarding your site 'ban', any news yet?)

shmekerosu, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  10. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, penalized means all my result pages which were showing in google results are not showing anymore, so no more visitors from google which was about 90% of the total.
    Now Google penalized another similar file search engine of mine while I was skiing for a week, that's not cool :)

As for an answer to my reconsideration request, of course I didn't get any, but that was to be expected. I only hope one day 3PDF will be re-indexed, but I doubt it, I just hope because it doesn't cost much to be hopeful, while working on other things.
    I also submitted my site to bing and yahoo, but they don't send many visitors at all, maybe later.

Anyway I'm not going anywhere, I'm sticking with the web, so I'll make other sites, similar ones, diferent ones, I don't care, it works as a whole so I can avoid working for a boss or customers, so that's fine with me!

JamesColin, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  11. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was expecting that google will not answer regarding your email. Wonder why it was penalized in the first place because it was clean, profi and useful to users, only reason I see is because you used google to produce content and maybe because you saved results in html pages which google indexed caused this...but who knows.

Good luck with the page and other projects, just keep us posted maybe we can help with comments and ideas.

Regards,
    R.

shmekerosu, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  12. bishalnath

bishalnath Peon

Best Answers:
    Easy to remember domain name and useful search results... Congratz

bishalnath, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  13. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes I think too because html pages meant that there was no limit in the amount of pages to index (tags, user searches, etc), so google chose to desindex everything because otherwise it would end up with billions of indexed pages.

After nearly a month of penalty, there's no sign of it coming back, I'm still waiting for yahoo and bing to start sending honest amount of visitors, but maybe they too penalize sites like mine with unlimited amount of pages.

JamesColin, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  14. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    did you tried to stop producing html pages from results and delete (archive) all produced till now and maybe it will all come back, I say you have nothing to lose.

good luck anyway,

Cheers!!

shmekerosu, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  15. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi, in fact that I create html pages (files) or not is not very important, the fact is any url can be indexed. It just saves me from doing too many google search api request and get my site's ip banned.
    I should maybe put a robot directive to not index (no index) in the meta tags for the result pages, but then what is the point really to have only the front page indexed, surely this wouldn't attract many visitors from google anyway.

So I'm left with no options, and who knows, I can wait a few months, see if google ever comes back, then I can again do a reinclusion request. And in the meantime maybe another search engine will start sending lots of visitors :)

I don't really mind, the traffic was nice while it lasted, but there are other ways of making visited sites, so it's not a problem personally.

JamesColin, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  16. HerrHund

HerrHund Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice and simple interface. Love the concept; very useful. And the performance is quite fast!

HerrHund, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  17. rajesh.ejob

rajesh.ejob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice looking site, and very good script.. but you said that google is not indexing your site... it is not so good... But i can see in your previous posts, that you were very confident in yourself can create many websites and can still make some great achievements in Internet marketing. Best wishes for you.. and one suggestion that your logo reflection i don't like it.. just my view..

rajesh.ejob, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  18. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, google stopped sending visitors to it since beginning of january, I've sent a reinclusion request, but no answer and the site is still only receiving a few hundreds visitors per day from other sources. But I have other sites based on the same script and they are still performing very well in Google. I'm also working on creating more of them with different small variations (not for PDF files).
    It's a pity for 3pdf.com because the domain name was cool and I paid for a video to be made on the front page. but that's life. no problem.

JamesColin, Apr 12, 2010 IP