1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please kill the infraction system before it kills DP

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by promo, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I vouch for that one. Start coding :D

I agree with that too. Also you have to post in the thread to leave itrader so say you buy through PM then you also must post in the thread to leave itrader.

Scriptona, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you do not have to post in a thread to participate in a deal.
    i have left many iTraders without posting in the thread. in fact, i have
    received infractions for posting cause i was mislead into believing what you just said.

sawz, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  3. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:

Yes buffy!

There were many other replies to that thread. Every single reply has been deleted. Just go through them if you have access to them in your moderator Control panel... You will surely enjoy. :D

You will love my reply to the OP.:eek::p

mdvasanth86, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  4. bpled

bpled Guest

Best Answers:
    3 months for infractions is too long!

bpled, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  5. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I remember seeing an error message like this when placing an itrader. Since then I never tried placing itrader without replying.

But anyways I don't see any problem if I post a post in the end of the thread to confirm that I won the auction or that the deal is sealed. For myself I'm not running after post count anyways...

Scriptona, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  6. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Brian - There's no need to post "sold" in a general sales thread to show you're the first to buy. The only reason to do that would be if you're bidding the BIN price in an auction, in which case you should make that clear. Then it's the same as posting a bid. If the OP wants us to close the thread then, they can use the report post button to let us know the auction is closed and we'll close it.

Tech Entrance - If you're posting to confirm a deal after it's happened, then leave a short review of the deal. That's allowed. Then it's the OP's responsibility to ask for the thread to be closed if they want it closed after the deal is complete. There's no need to post simply to say a deal is complete. That's between you and the seller. If the OP wants it closed to stop further inquiries, they're welcome to report it.

jhmattern, Jul 20, 2009 IP
    Brian1970 likes this.
  7. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    In that case, those posts are still not allowed. Sales threads are not for commmentary. If you don't like what is being sold, then move on and don't post. You and everybody else posting in that thread "for fun" were bumping it up and thereby keeping legitimate sales threads from being seen.

buffalo, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  8. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is what i wish would be done with some member who is bashing my hosting sales thead so i have reported it to the Moderators.

~ Mike

NEW RULES! ;)

ms2134, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  9. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And may be $10-$20 for starting a thread in BST.

getjimmy, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  10. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And maybe watch everyone leave.

Jackuul, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  11. MrHarper

MrHarper Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with Jackuul - everybody would leave if DP had such prices. Payments need to be either a small amount per post/thread, or a one time fee. The freebies section should remain free, IMO, as no iTrader is involved and it's only for sales of $5 or under.

MrHarper, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  12. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe a paid section for premium sales and keep the free one as it is. The paid one will attract genuine sellers and genuine buyers as well and adds more trust and value to sales.

Scriptona, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  13. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I take vote also on a small charge because those who are legitimate sellers would not mind a little fee but those whom are not would. ;)

~ Mike

ms2134, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  14. misstycoon

misstycoon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    question and I hope I wont get into trouble for this as I cannot afford it and I seriously mean no harm but this is something I am thinking about ;

Can everyone as in guests and also registered users see other members infractions and the reasons behind them as I have tried to look but cant see other members infractions so is this correct ?

also I would just like to add that we are all humans and humans make mistakes and sometimes we dont stop to think first , sometimes we just want to reply to a post so quickly to get that item that we post something that results in an infraction such as Sold or sometimes we forget and simply reply to what the OP has requested you do ....... such as "please pm me" or "sold".
    I know I am far from perfect , educated yes , mature yes but human also.

That said I wonder what effect this has on heavy users to the forums or users for example that may have just come into some money and are buying buying buying and then happen to receive 3 infractions at once and then become banned ?
    I imagine something like that would hurt a lot of members at DP not just the infraction receiver ? ;-)
    I hope I make sense?

misstycoon, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, only you can see your infractions (well mods and admins too of course).

digitalpoint, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  16. misstycoon

misstycoon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhh thanks for the answer to that mate, can I now add that isn't it somewhat inappropriate for MODS to post here in this public forum the reasons behind some members infractions ?
    If thats Mod/Admin privilaged information shouldn't it stay that way?
    again no harm meant just my thoughts

cheers

misstycoon, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  17. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Generally they don't... like if you ask someone why they were banned, they aren't going to tell you (even though it was due to infractions). The only place I've noticed them say something about someone's infractions publicly is directly to the person who has the infractions where they are asking (or arguing) about them publicly vs. privately.

digitalpoint, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  18. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Shawn mentioned, we only talk about them publicly when members bring up their infractions publicly. That's why we constantly tell people that A) they shouldn't post about their infractions and B) they should PM moderators if they have questions about them.

jhmattern, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  19. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If I see a senior member doing something, I'll assume it is OK (noobs emulate).
    Yep, just like on the fischer price games, Try Again!

Karen May Jones, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  20. the_gallery

the_gallery Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally am tired of receiving a bunch of infractions at one time for no good reason or some mod going through my past posts from months ago, just so they can try to get me banned, so they can feel like they have some power...

Why is it that I had to report a harassing post twice before it was deleted from my sales thread, and then the moderator goes and gives me 4 infractions and ruins my sales thread. This would not happen if the moderator wasn't on a personal agenda.

the_gallery, Jul 22, 2009 IP