1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Help with Mater / Child Page ....

Discussion in 'C#' started by JEP_Dude, Jul 5, 2009.

Hello ...

As I've said before I'm new to ASP.Net. I took a course on it. However those in the course used the version of VWD that was downloaded. I think it was the Express version.

Now that the course is completed, I've purchased VS 2008 Standard Version. Yet now when I try to use Help to look up how to do Master Pages I keep getting the help for the VWD version. I wouldn't mind this however, the instructions speak of controls that just aren't there. For example, at one point it says that I should click on the "Select the Place code in separate file check box." That check box isn't anywhere on the screen!

Help! Am I doing things correct? Did I insall it incorrectly? How do I fix this?

May you have a blessed day as the Lord wills.

What should I do?

JEP_Dude, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  2. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've used both and they're pretty much the same. The "Place code in separate file check box" is on the Add New Item window where you go to create the master page.

qazu, Jul 8, 2009 IP
  3. rnvr22

rnvr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    right click on the project explorer which contains the code file on right of the page > add new item > then add master page - select the language - that it

u can also download the free VWD 2008 from Microsoft site...

rnvr22, Jul 8, 2009 IP