1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help with contact form, client installed jetpack and now forms don't work

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Mybulen, May 2, 2016.

I flippin hate jetpack so much because people who don't know wordpress install it and it destroys contact forms.

I have disabled the contact form and deleted it but the contact forms are still broken.

anyone know how to fix it, i have tried a number of things but cannot get it working again.

Mybulen, May 2, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    which plugin are you using for the form?

sarahk, May 2, 2016 IP
  3. Mybulen

Mybulen Active Member

Best Answers:
    contact form 7, now it is working but the default is my email address which i have changed but wordpress still sending the message to my inbox even though the default email is not mine

Mybulen, May 2, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd probably start by looking through the code to see what setting they're really getting the email address from and checking it in the database. Could be a slow process!

sarahk, May 2, 2016 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When you first set contact form 7 it grabs the email from settings>general once that has happened in order to change the addy you have to do it on the form itself. You may simply have some stuff collapsed on the form and cant see it. Here is a video showing you where it is.

You can also change the template(info) a bit as well like who its from and so on.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, May 3, 2016 IP
  6. Mybulen

Mybulen Active Member

Best Answers:
    problem is jetpack over write the [contact_form blh blah and renders your forms defunct, your only option is removing it and finding where it has left it's mark in the daatabase, jetpack is known to wreck plugins

thank though awesome video.

Mybulen, May 3, 2016 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "the default is my email address which i have changed but wordpress still sending the message to my inbox

Simply put you just have to change the email in a different place. I dont think your current issue has anything to do with jetpack. If you are still getting the email change it on the form itself. That it works at all rules out a jetpack issue.

8. Mybulen

Mybulen Active Member

Best Answers:
    no i research it and all over google people were complaining and had not fix for their contact forms while jetpack was installed.

Mybulen, May 3, 2016 IP
  9. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you suggesting that when you go to the form itself as per the video you show the proper address? I would also simply deactivate anything mail related in jetpack unless you dropped the stuff entirely.

10. Mybulen

Mybulen Active Member

Best Answers:
    jetpack is gone, i had to go through the database, let me tell you something i will never in my life install that jetpack again lol. they were suppose to fix this bug 3 years ago. It's all good for some people but as with computers what works for some doesn't for others. I got a site that does not need a contact form i am going to install it and see it breaks and then go through the database,code and find where the problem lies. i am sure it is with the shortcode though.

Mybulen, May 3, 2016 IP
  11. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well again if your issue is the mail is going to the wrong place follow my instructions. Otherwise just dont install the stuff. I stopped using it years ago simply because it slows stuff down. Even photon or whatever is supposed to CDN things totally slowed stuff down.

I would have to check the DB but in wp_options table you can dump this...

_transient_timeout_jetpack_https_test
    _transient_jetpack_https_test
    jetpack_file_data
    jetpack_available_modules
    jetpack_log

Last edited: May 3, 2016