1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

please help, uploading wordpress to website keeps failing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Arclite, Jun 30, 2015.

I have my wordpress created on a local, now I have my hosting and i want to upload it to my website ( website,com/shop/) but everytime i upload the files i keep getting the same error :"
    Error establishing a database connection
    " or i get nothing to see

Arclite, Jun 30, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to create a database, user, and assign the user to the database you created on your host. Then you have to update your wp-config.php file to ensure that you have the proper username, password, and database name (which may be different than what is on your development server). The database connection should work if you do that properly, but that will not necessarily mean your site will work right if you have a different URL on your development server. When developing locally, it is a good idea to set up a virtual host on your local web server and modify your hosts file so you can use the same URL (with domain name) on your local server as you will on your production web server.

billzo, Jun 30, 2015 IP