1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help to register my site in dmoz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by seopf, Nov 11, 2010.

seopf, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  2. BB-OM

BB-OM Member

Best Answers:
    There can be help for some of the most complicated problems in this universe, but not for dmoz. The simplest thing to do is submit your site in dmoz and forget it or rather don't treasure any hopes of inclusion. This is one directory that brags too much about quality and no matter what you do or how much you work on your site, you still can't match those quality guidelines (wonder what they look for). They have set high standards for inclusion (this makes me laugh).

BB-OM, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  3. MainVoice

MainVoice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It might take months to get your website listed in dmoz. We have been waiting for some time ourselves but hope one day to be approved :D

MainVoice, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  4. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've a couple of suggestions, having 90% of my sites listed on Dmoz:

- Make sure the title describes what the site is, no "extras"
    - Describe the site properly, don't use too many keywords keep it short or repeat the site title.
    - Use your company email address as the contact email.
    - Don't add any suggestion remarks.
    - Don't contact the Dmoz mods, be cool and wait!

misohoni, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  5. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can I suggest that it will be FAR MORE productive to read the guidelines that editors actually work to, here http://www.dmoz.org/docs/en/add.html. And don't believe for one moment that you can describe a site in the title that's a sure way to slow it down.

Anonymously, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    With how many editors view Webmasters, I'd really be hesitant to agree with that one.

And as for the site name, I agree with Anon... but then, I think it may have just been an issue with wording on your page. If by "describes what the site is, no "extras"" means the site name and nothing more, then you got it dead on ;)

Qryztufre, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  7. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep that's what I meant ;). As for the email part, perhaps I didn't explain that part properly either, so perhaps I should give an example of how I'd do it after finding the right category to submit to:

URL: http://www.applewallpaper.org
    <Regular link>
    TITLE: Apple Wallpaper
    Description: Features wallpapers in several categories, including abstract, celebs and nature.
    EMAIL:
    <user verification and submit>

Keep the listing "bare bones", see how others have labelled their descriptions and above all be patient.

misohoni, Nov 18, 2010 IP