1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help, my users not growing anymore!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by indoshares, Jul 24, 2017.

Hi,

My name is Eko i am from Indonesia. I've been having trouble sleeping for a weeks right now. i always thinking my project. i have a website mainly focused on file sharing and streaming namely Indoshares.com, i started my project from 2013, i used Yetishare as my website script. Time by time my website have a popularity among Indonesian users because of less competitor. my website once ranked 800 in Indonesia based on Alexa. because of this popularity every month i need to add new server until now i have 19 servers. and then the problem come, for paying the servers, i need at least €1200 every month. though i can pay this monthly cost but i have to put a lot of ads in my website and the worst part is, i have to put popup ads in my website. the most annoying ads right now. But I can not do much i need money to pay the servers. Because of this popup ads my visitor gone day by day, once i get 100k visitor/day, but today it's almost impossible to get 100k visitor.

Today my website have 184.369 users (229 paid users), 136.35 TB data, 507.411 Active Files, 19.213.065 File Downloads, 39,024 Global Rank, 1,064 Rank in Indonesia. for the next 3 month i am sure i can still survive but after that i am afraid to shut down my project because of less money i get from advertisement.

I know i can get money from paid member, but a lot of my paid member is a webmaster all of them put their files on my site and then share it to their users, when the users download or streaming on my site and get annoyed by the ads, they will report to the webmaster and then the webmaster won't extended their account anymore.

I am very hopeless right now, this project is my life, and i can't see my project dying. some friend told me to seek the investor, believe me, i have done that but this not easy to get investor in my country, people likes a real business and not an online thing, so i came to this forum, i hope someone read my thread and know the future of file sharing or streaming content.

What can i offer is 55% of my shares, give me 2 years without advertisement, i will bring 1 million visitor/day and get below 100 rank in Indonesia. if we get 1 million visitor we have many why to get revenue, one of them is exclusive cooperation with big company to put their ads to our website.

i know someone of you afraid about DMCA, i am also afraid, therefor we are very strict, if we get an email about DMCA we will deleted the files and banned the users for a couple of days. Why i am focused on Indonesia users because we have more than 250 million people and we are in developed country this service will booming in the next years.

indoshares, Jul 24, 2017 IP
  2. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Add CPA offers to get more revenue

egoldzone, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you target only indonesia it will be hard for you .Go in the USA where its the gold its

Spartan14, Jul 26, 2017 IP
  4. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree, start expanding your reach. Indonesia is in terms of population but then possibly not that big yet when it comes to online use. Reach out to other countries. Start in Southeast Asia then slowly expand. That way, you will be able to cover cost in no time.

Milliardo, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  5. j a m i e

j a m i e Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I got the following error when trying to visit your site at indoshares.com

[​IMG]

This could be why your losing traffic.

G r e e n h o r n
    j a m i e

j a m i e, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  6. VirtualHelp4U

VirtualHelp4U Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely expanding is the next reasonable step. While you may want to keep only the targeted audience in Indonesia it can be difficult to continue to grow. Expanding your focus to other countries will help increase interest and signups.

VirtualHelp4U, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  7. xarn

xarn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Eko,

The first impression of your site looks great!
    ...however, upon attempting to view any file, it's clear why people are leaving the boat.
    It's sooooo much overloaded with ads, it does more harm than good. I would leave too.

On one hand, I'm sad for you to see it dying.
    On the other hand it's filled with copyright infringements / ripped movies, so I can't really encourage it either.
    If it grows a lot, you might even face legal issues.

Perhaps there is some kind of third route to transform it into something more "legal" in the long term, dunno.

xarn, Sep 1, 2017 IP
  8. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why are you paying for servers in Euro? Aren't they present in Indonesia or India, where you can get cheap server.

Another, point is that user in your site are getting annoyed with Pop up ads. So, remove them and focus more on increasing your customer base.

eric_wahlberg, Sep 14, 2017 IP
  9. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eric is right, you can get cheap but quality servers. Look for an alternative, by that number of traffic I'm also sure that you can get good ads, or affiliate links that can pay higher. And also haven't you thought of expanding your business.

Patricia Ann Lee, Sep 15, 2017 IP