1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help me with restoring default Godaddy settings

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by archc, Dec 31, 2012.

Dear Friends,

I'm trying to resolve this problem for about 4 days but not able to resolve. I have been exchanging emails with godaddy support team but it is becoming more like question answer session. I shoot an email, they reply then again I shoot email..they revert. Issue is not being resolved.

My problem is, I registered a domain name with godaddy. Initially I had planned to configure this domain for my blogspot blog. In an attempt to do so, I searched tutorial how to configure blogspot blog for a customized domain and did the settings accordingly. The settings were done properly and I was able to point customized domain to point blogspot blog but after one day I realized blogspot is not as simple to manage as word press and decided to switch to word press.

when I was trying to configure it for blogspot blog, in "Edit zone", I made a few changes which I don't remember now to make the settings as newly registered domain. There is an option of restoring default settings but it is not working. The current settings show godaddy's parked domain page however I changed name servers to my hosting service provider.

I WOULD BE VERY VERY THANKFUL TO WHOSOEVER COULD PASTE ME SCREENSHOT OF DEFAULT VALUES SO THAT I COULD DO THE SAME SETTING.

I'm really tired of this issue and sometime think about letting this domain go. I feel like I'm helpless, nothing can be done and I have no other choice than letting this domain expire. If I manage to resolve this issue, it will be a bonus.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    archc, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  2. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How long did you wait after changing the nameservers to those of your hosting service provider? Did you also clear your browser cache and try again? It can take up to 72 hours (though rare) for nameserver changes to take effect. Often, now, it is only a few minutes to a couple of hours.

The Stealthy One, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  3. cesurasean

cesurasean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Call them over the phone. Sounds like a godaddy issue, on their end.

cesurasean, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  4. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    we can say that not everything depends on the domain registrar.Sometimes there are some other factors which can influence the DNS propagation time.

In real the domain names are usually getting propagated during the first 12-24 hours and only for some DNS zones the propagation period can last longer ( up to 72 hours).

Godaddy basic propagation time is 12-48 hours

hosting_spec80, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  5. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please follow this article, It will Help you:- http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/664/setting-nameservers-for-your-domain-names

Else You can use following Default Godady Name Servers:-
    NS1.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS2.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

iwebsocial, Mar 12, 2013 IP