1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Help - I got an email!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dairyman, Feb 12, 2008.

I don't know whether this is the right section to start the thread (but I want the query to be clarified soon as I feel a lot confused). If not, please move it to the appropriate secion, dear Mods.

Today I received an email form some one claiming to be responsible for domain name registration in Asia. Actually I own the domain www.dairyforall.com but how can I prevent others from registering the same domain name with some modified extensions like .cn, .tw etc?

The following is the copy of the mail I just received. Please help me and tell what action I am supposed to take?

Date: Feb 12, 2008 2:54 PM
    Subject: Domain name of Dairyforall
    To: dairyforall <dairyforall@gmail.com>

Dear CEO,

We are the domain name registration organization in Asia, which mainly deal with international company's in china. We have something important need to confirm with your company.

On the Feb 12, 2008, we received an application formally. One company named "Shidai Company" wanted to register following
    Domain names:
    dairyforall.asia
    dairyforall.cn
    dairyforall.com.cn
    dairyforall.net.cn
    dairyforall.org.cn
    dairyforall.tw
    dairyforall.com.tw
    dairyforall.hk

Internet brand keyword:
    Dairyforall

Through our body.

After our initial examination, we found that the keywords and domain names applied for registration are as same as your company's name and trademark. These days we are dealing with it. If you do not know this company, we doubt that they have other aims to buy these domain names. Now we have not finished the registration of Shidai Company yet, in order to deal with this issue better, Please contact us by telephone or email as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Vivien Yi
    --------------------------------------------------------

Asia DNR Ltd
    TEL:+852-3059-3099
    FAX:+852-3177-1520
    +852-3177-1510

dairyman, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  2. rwulfenstein

rwulfenstein Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what it means, but I just got the exact same thing, only the 'buying' company is "Auoig Ap Company."

My guess is that it's a scam and they want us to buy all of those other domains to make sure that no one else does.

Anyway, that's my guess.

rwulfenstein, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  3. lightstarm2k

lightstarm2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can sell them with a high price :D

lightstarm2k, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  4. Marnix

Marnix Peon

Best Answers:
    I also received the same mail, with also "Auoig Ap Company" as the candidate buyer. I sent them a mail for more explanation.

Also interesting : last week I had a similar mail/phone from a UK-based company "Domain Management & Registration Group [do-not-reply@domainmanagementgroup.net]", telling me that there was another company (they didn't want to reveal the name) trying to get the domain ourcompany.info
    They told me they had been so kind to block it and I could buy it instead for the price of 229 Euro.

Is this a new method to get some money out of our pockets? Or are these companies bona fide?

Marnix, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  5. wholahay

wholahay Banned

Best Answers:
    don't tolerate that person mate coz they will scam you

wholahay, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  6. dpking

dpking Peon

Best Answers:
    lol they are just searching for a fool :))
    IMAO new way of marketing and selling domains .. Lol
    Dont go for that... ;) !!

dpking, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  7. Fraz!

Fraz! Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Scam Scam Scam.

why not from

contact asiadnr.com
    i dont think the mail is from them...
    Email:

Fraz!, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  8. V0r0x

V0r0x Guest

Best Answers:
    It's a scam email

don't even read

V0r0x, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  9. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol nice thread title; Please Help - I got an email!

terminator69, Feb 18, 2008 IP
  10. ajs

ajs Peon

Best Answers:
    I just received an email exactly like the one you are referring to advising me that someone is trying to register domain names with alternative extensions.
    The text is as follows:

Dear CEO,

We are the domain name registration organization in Asia, which mainly deal with international company's in Asia. We have something important need to confirm with your company.

On the Feb 19, 2008, we received an application formally. One company named "Auoig Ap Company" wanted to register following
    Domain names:
    sunstone.hk
    sunstone.tw
    sunstone.com.tw
    sunstone.asia
    Internet brand keyword:
    sunstone
    through our body.
    After our initial examination, we found that the keywords and domain names applied for registration are as same as your company's name and trademark. These days we are dealing with it. If you do not know this company, we doubt that they have other aims to buy these domain names. Now we have not finished the registration of Auoig Ap Company yet, in order to deal with this issue better, Please contact us by telephone or email as soon as possible.

Web: http://www.star-east.hk

ajs, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  11. sportiana

sportiana Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't prevent others from registering the same domain name with some modified extensions like .cn, .tw etc, what people do in such cases is register those other extensions of interest so other would not. To prevent people is the case when you have a world 'trademark' company such as Google.

sportiana, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  12. xaralee

xaralee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah...it's a scam !
    Don't bother

xaralee, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  13. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    just let them regist those extention. it will not affect you at all except if they cuplicate your content to put in it. noone will search for site from those extention anyway.

tradeya, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  14. ajs

ajs Peon

Best Answers:
    I just received an email exactly like the one you are referring to advising me that someone is trying to register domain names with alternative extensions.
    The text is as follows:

Dear CEO,

We are the domain name registration organization in Asia, which mainly deal with international company's in Asia. We have something important need to confirm with your company.

On the Feb 19, 2008, we received an application formally. One company named "Auoig Ap Company" wanted to register following
    Domain names:
    sunstone.hk
    sunstone.tw
    sunstone.com.tw
    sunstone.asia
    Internet brand keyword:
    sunstone
    through our body.
    After our initial examination, we found that the keywords and domain names applied for registration are as same as your company's name and trademark. These days we are dealing with it. If you do not know this company, we doubt that they have other aims to buy these domain names. Now we have not finished the registration of Auoig Ap Company yet, in order to deal with this issue better, Please contact us by telephone or email as soon as possible.

Web: http://www.star-east.hk

ajs, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  15. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got the same email a month back. I replied politely saying they could let the person register the domains and I have no objections to it. But 2 days back I got the same damn email again.

I now know its some kind of a scam for sure. But I don't understand the modus operandi!

peepin2me, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  16. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure it's just a way to scare you into buying all the other domains. I wouldn't go for it. I don't care if people buy a domain similar to mine because I'm the one with the .com.
    Note the spelling of companies in this statement "which mainly deal with international company's in china." Looks scammy to me. I would email them and see what the scam consists of. Make sure you don't allow for yourself to get sucked into the scam, though.

melbel, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  17. Algert

Algert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They just want to make you spare some money for nothing, they want to sell you their domains. just my opinion

Algert, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  18. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Unless you are legitimately worried about others having the same name as you in china, I probably wouldn't even acknowledge the email. I suspect only huge companies really care.

PHPGator, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  19. myadsense

myadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is scam..let them do whatever they want..

myadsense, Feb 21, 2008 IP
  20. CodeRed

CodeRed Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Guy's

I too recieved the same email and it looked very real as if some one wanted to trade mark my name.
    So I am going to play their game and post their replies here. What a nice scam, what will people think of next?

Anyhow there 1st response to their email which is exactly the same as above, note how badly written it is...

Dear ,

We are a domain name register organization in Asia. We received an application from Zaglu company.During the course of checking, we found they have motivation to register your domain names compete first.
    If you have no relationship with them.What they applied to register these domain names. According to our experience, maybe the Zaglu company want to register the Brand keywords and then transfer in high price. Or they apply to register the Brand keywords by client, and the client may be your competitor or agent.

We are required by government to inform your company this matter to keep your benefit from infringement. So we sent email to inform your company to protect your benefit. If you don't think their application will affect your benefit, we will pass their application.Only register these domain names in your own name could protect your benefit.According to the rule,Zaglu company has right to register these domain names and Internet Brand keyword. As a domain name registrar, we have no right to dispute their application. So required by government to inform your company to protect your interest. As the company whose trademarks relate to the applied domains,you will get the priority to register these domain names and Internet Brand keyword. If you think these domain names and Internet Brand keyword are useful for you, we can send an application form to you and help you register these within dispute period. If you don't think their application will affect your benefit, we will pass their application. There is a time limit. Pls let us know your decision soon. Waiting for your reply.

Best regards

Solomon Hu

Question 2 sent off to them...waiting on reply...

"Please supply cost / time table and what is the time limit on your service and provide information on the company seeking to acquire my name"

So unless they read this forum, I am going to have some fun :)

CodeRed, Mar 4, 2008 IP