1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help - ERROR - Invalid characters in hostname

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by dieorfly, Mar 4, 2010.

Hello,

I am trying to set few blogspot blogs as sub domains of my main page. These blogs are still hosted with Google.

I have already forwarded .blogspot url to my sub domain url.

The domain is registered with GoDaddy btw.

Previously I was able to set 4 blogspot blogs as subdomains without any problem.

The way I was doing it in CNAME Records I pointed sub domain urls (subdomain.domain.com) to google IP addresses.

Now when I was trying to create new CNAME Records and pointed new sub domain url to google IP addresses as I did before I am getting this message: ERROR - Invalid characters in hostname

I don't use not allowed characters in new sub domain name.

Any idea how to set this correctly?

Thank you.

dieorfly, Mar 4, 2010 IP
  2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when doing your configuration
    make sure to NEVER use copy/paste to enter text from 3rd party files into your own files
    as this may include INVISIBLE characters or characters type in OTHER than your own charset (utf8,iso, etc ) - later considered as invalid characters
    best
    use a PROPERLY configured text editor to retype your current configuration file
    then try again
    properly configured by means of proper choice of charset (utf8/iso .... etc ) use ONE precise charset configuration for ALL your work, texts, content, server, etc - across all your online and offline systems to avoid such errors

hans, Mar 8, 2010 IP