1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please explain why Shopify is so popular even though it omits 2 very crucial features ...

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Bob Dopalina, Apr 12, 2017.

bulk/quantity discount pricing
    Low inventory notifications

Both of these are paid apps (not one time.MONTHLY FEES) if you want them in your store. And one of them (bulk pricing) needs to be coded into your theme so if you switch themes you have to pay someone to do it again if you're not a coder.

These seem like major features to me. Almost every other hosted cart has these by default.

Is shopify the most recommended because their branding and marketing is great? Or is it because they pay the highest affiliate fees? Does that explain why every ecommerce blog suggests them?

I just started my search for a hosted cart solution and I am trying to understand this industry. It seems to me the best product is not the most popular one, or my compass needs to be recalibrated. I am here to hear your ideas and experiences so that I don't make any big mistakes. Thanks for your time.

Bob Dopalina, Apr 12, 2017 IP
  2. lescraven

lescraven Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Shopify is popular because of their great marketing and branding, but they are also popular because of their SaaS hosting. Unlike, let's say PrestaShop or WooCommerce, there's no need to install software, worry about hosting, etc which is great for people looking to get their feet wet or small shops. At least that's my feeling.

lescraven, Apr 28, 2017 IP
  3. xbox360

xbox360 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It takes me around 15 minutes from concept to putting a store online that is ready to sell something. I did $15,000 my third month on a local business.

xbox360, May 4, 2017 IP