1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please don't add Illegal content.

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Sorvoja, Sep 2, 2004.

This is a request to fellow members of the network.

Please do not to add ads that point to pages with illegal content.

I just got off the phone with someone who saw a link to allegedly illegal mp3s from one of my web sites.

Thank you.

Sorvoja, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Cover yourself like many others do (BBC etc. too) and say that you are not responsible for content on pages not on your domain or something similar.

T0PS3O, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    It is a point though and one which I raised before - regardless of protecting the sites with disclaimers the problem exists that some matter can appear on your site that may not be in the best interests of your site.

For example on one of our food sites a teen chat room ad appeared - in the UK and Europe this remains one of the "worries" of the internet after a couple of girls got caught by older men posing as young men.

We do not want to be seen being associated with that so we would probably have to pull out if this continued.

This problem needs to be addressed :)

Foxy, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw the mp3 links too - wonder if they should stay? (nothin against you bresso, just dont want negatively thought of content on my pages.)

schlottke, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think something like that can really be policed... MP3s themselves for example aren't illegal.

I guess if anyone has a URL that they think is illegal from the ad network, let me know and I'll have a look.

digitalpoint, Sep 2, 2004 IP