1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please do the right thing on Nov 7 and again in 2008 - Get Out and Vote!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mistermix, Oct 27, 2006.

This is a plea from a Brit who wants Americans to please do the right thing on Nov 7 and again in 2008 - Get Out and Vote!

I am pro-American and I am anti-Bush.

Most Americans are in denial about the invasion of Iraq. They cannot admit that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the attacks on 9/11 apart from the fact that they are a gross retaliation/revenge.

You can keep telling yourselves that you have improved the lives of Iraq's when in fact you have bombed them back into the stone age and killed hundreds of thousands of sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers.

You can keep kidding yourselves that by bombing a country in the middle-east you have prevented terrorism when in fact any logical person knows that you have simply given a reason for millions more people to hate America.

You can keep telling yourselves that anyone who fights back against your troops in Iraq is a terrorist - aren't Iraqis allowed to defend their country from foreign military invasion?

Your Government has illegally held people in prison without offering them the basic rights to justice guaranteed to you in your own constitution. The Bush clan has modified your constitution (goodbye Habeas Corpus) so it can continue to detain people without the right to a fair trial or any explanation of why they have been held for years.

Americans should not stand for this any more. Please do the right thing on Nov 7 and again in 2008 - Get Out and Vote!

-------------------------------------------------------
    end of rant

mistermix, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  2. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Best post I have seen in months! :)

AGS, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  3. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    But no replies?

4. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not an American but have seen this thing in common everywhere...People tend to hate someone who has been elected and is on the seat already...why? Again you favour the not in power 'person B' and in next years election talk bad about him & good about person C...this keeps on going....

Indian, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  5. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Heh, I didn't know there was a "Prohibition Party" running in USA until I wiki'd :D

BRUm, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  6. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not about liking person A and disliking person B. Its about not liking what the current Government administration has done.

7. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree, but what makes you think the other person will do better? Maybe he can be worse?

Indian, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Frankly, as a patriotic American, I'm not at all hoping that all Americans get out and vote.

I'm hoping that all those will get out and vote who have taken the time to become informed on current events, party platforms, individual candidates, and more. They are the ones I am hoping will be out voting.

Jim4767, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  9. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Bingo!!! In other words...Go out and vote only if u know shit...or keep your vote for yourself.

Indian, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  10. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I certainly dont want to speak for all my war mongering friends. But if you are basing your opinion of how most people consider things based on posts off the internet---then you're wrong. Most people think Iraq is a colossal fuck up. Those who speak loudest on these forums are- too quote Rummy, "dead-enders". But I hope they vote anyway. Cheers and thanks for the best wishes.

ROAR, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  11. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is actually even worse than that.

And if the neocons get their way and force an attack against Iran then there will not even be words to describe what a colossal fuck up that would be.

AGS, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  12. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think everyone who feels compelled to vote should convince a friend/colleague to vote there way too. Its the people who don't usually vote that actually have the power to make a difference this time.

13. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you are right, i'm not too in touch with the general consensus at the moment.

Its not enough just to think the war is a mess, its time people spoke out openly against the Bush administration. They have lied, cheated and manimulated the electorate to get away with whatever they want.

The next 11 days should be about debating politics with your family and friends and convincing people to vote.

14. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right. I need to get out and vote Republican. That way we can ensure that the stupid British keep out of our politics. Didn't we kick your ass to earn our independence years ago?

Stop telling us how to vote. This is not your country.

KalvinB, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  15. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not telling people how to vote.

Stop telling me to stop telling people how to vote.

noppid likes this.
  16. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Is that you Hannity? LMAO

We got americans, Hannity, telling americans not to vote and the sheep cheer him.

We get a foreigner begging people to vote and the sheep tell him to shut up.

That speaks volumes! :mad:

noppid, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  17. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Political discourse at its worst!

18. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    You have no credibility. All you are is an annoying barking dog trying to convince us not to vote Republican.

Michael Moore did the same thing you're doing (at least you're not charging us to watch your ignorance) and look how well that worked out for him. As long as the Democratic party has people like you on "their side" cheering you on like you've said something intelligent, they're going to continue to lose.

Thanks for your support of the Republican party.

KalvinB, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  19. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^Anybody who says anything against the republicans gets the same stupid, narrow minded response.

So tell me more about this theory of me and Micheal Moore doing the same thing?

20. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    What theory?

I already demonstrated why your original post is stupid and ignorant. Posting crap like that (or making movies based on crap like that) does nothing but convince people to vote Republican.

Is 40,000+ verified deaths not enough to convince people to vote against Bush?

Obviously it's not enough to convince you or you wouldn't push the lie. So why should Republicans worry about the number of deaths if you don't care?

KalvinB, Oct 27, 2006 IP