1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please comment on best methods of building backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by rainbowgod, May 6, 2013.

Hi All,

There have been many ways in which backlinks have been developed over the past 10 years, I hope in this post to a) cover some of those topics and b) to open a discussion that should in the long-term server to help newbies learn a little bit more abut this subject in a sort of all-in-one place.

So, where do we start?

Backlinks are basically links from one website(s) to another website, with the view to promoting the content on the second website.

Naturally, there are many reasons for promoting content, ranging from purely informative reasons to purely sales driven reasons. But with this all said, whatever the reason is, the methods for building backlinks commonly remain the same.

Building backlinks doesn't need to be a science, although many aspects of it could have a scientific approach applied to them and as with all computing science related subjects, there are scientific and non scientific ways in which these subjects could be taught.

In this post I will be taking the non scientific approach and would urge others who comment here to do this too.

Some useful resources that will help us here can be found below although I must stress here that these resources are not my own, but they are free tools that I use to help me perform a variety of tasks, including testing, research and development as well as implementation of real backlinks.

1. Backlink builder search tool
    2. Free Testing Proxy Server
    3. What Page of Google am I on?
    4. Google Translate Tool

I am sure that you are thinking; why have I provided a link to Google translate? Sometimes it is possible to gain backlinks from places that fall outside of your language barriers and this is where Google Translate can alter your experiences in this matter and open up a new way of looking at backlink building.

Proxy servers are important for testing purposes, but I would like to stress here that using them form spam reasons is greatly frowned upon and well... I think the point has been made :)

The other tools are there to help you have a little more of an edge when building your new backlinks.

A few methods that are of particular use to me are bookmark websites, communities and social networks – it is important to emphasize that in the real world, social networking would be done by the use of bars, clubs, events and other bringing-together activities.

On the internet, these events are not so dissimilar in their focus, but naturally take form in many differing ways.

I remember playing Wolfenstein enemy territory back in the day, this an online first person shoot-em up. There was a particular level named Market Garden and I remember hiding with my Tommy Gun and seeing an Advert plastered to a wall advertising BT Internet services –wow!

Although a really clever method of product advertising, this was staged within a socially-oriented online activity arena.

Obviously I am not saying that you should go and get your backlinks plugged into online gaming arenas, but I am suggesting that you think outside of the box when thinking about the methods you are going to use for building your links and with this example, showing you the benefits of social networking for online promotion.

I network socially, or more to the point; I show others how to network socially on the internet and how bookmarking can serve to emphasize their ability to promote internally and from a white-hat perspective.

When search engines look to rank content on the internet, they look for online activity. If say you walked past a shop window on your way to work, that never changed their design from one year to the next, this would eventually blend into your mind as part of the unchanged route that monotonously passes your mind in the switched off passive journey to work. If the shop constantly changed its focus, not too drastic, but at least differed its products then this would probably more-so stick out as a shop to checkout. The same could be said for websites and content, if the content is constantly alternating then the search engines will notice these changes.

But at the same time, in the same way as if you are seeing a shop window change its product range and by doing so entices you to a particular product and in-turn encourages you to talk with others about this product, social booking websites are a way that search engines can determine the popularity of online content. It would definitely be fair to suggest that others would bookmark those websites they deem popular or important to their life.

So, social bookmarking sites can play a very important role in link building strategies and if used in a non-spamming method can become a very powerful tool to keep in your arsenal.

Again I will emphasize the need to think outside of the box as new methods for building your links will need to be devised, to stay in front of your competition!
    Article websites are also very important, although commonly, the articles my backlink builders focus on are normally doubled up as articles used for online seminars and as a tip – most online promotion we do is on the back-end of online seminars – so we use the internet as a tool..

Right, I would like to at this stage call the comments in, before I write anything else :)
    rainbowgod, May 6, 2013 IP
  2. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best method to building backlinks depend on the site you're building backlinks too. The best for you might be article submission, while for another it is blog/forum commenting. The best method for building backlinks for me at this time is through social media sites. It's the best way for me to promote my site and get more traffic to it too.

Have a good day!
    affilorama, May 7, 2013 IP
  3. ktp2012

ktp2012 Banned

Best Answers:
    I can not write English well, alternatively I upload Video on youtube, hopping get many backlinks
    ktp2012, May 7, 2013 IP
  4. rainbowgod

rainbowgod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hiya,

The fact that you cannot speak English all that well, would mean that the Google translate tool would probably help you a great deal to commenting on forums etc, but I would take note of what
    Affilorama states as the types of backlinks you create do depend on the type of website/product you are promoting... But I would stress that social networking is to a large degree, key in online traffic generation.

Also, an important factor to mention is that social networking essentially allows you to directly communicate with others and as networking is key to business and as online social networking is just a modern form of what was previously done by pub meets, then the emphasis should simply be applied to the fact that you are networking to meet people, so that eventually, you make money... Or at least, you get more traffic / visitors to your website!

Any more comments are welcome :)
    rainbowgod, May 8, 2013 IP
  5. infernal199

infernal199 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So, you guys telling me, blog commenting (with my blog link), forum posting & article submission is a great why to build backlink???
    infernal199, May 9, 2013 IP
  6. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:

Well, you can use any method or all methods of link building but you have to do it with quality, relevancy and it should look natural too, of course, you are going to get benefit from them.
    SERPpoint, May 10, 2013 IP
  7. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Member

Best Answers:
    Content marketing is the right way to go about earning quality backlinks from authoritative and relevant sources. A good content strategy is what helps a site to earn relevant and quality backlinks from authoritative sources. Neil Patel's "The advanced guide to content marketing" gives you great insights on how to devise a quality content strategy and being consistent at it http://www.quicksprout.com/2013/04/29/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/
    rankwatch.com, May 12, 2013 IP
  8. rainbowgod

rainbowgod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey there Infernal199 :)

Definitely! Blog commenting is a great way of building links to your website / webpage, although don't SPAM with this method. Plus there should be enough related blogs out there these days, so you don't need to take that route.

You should also take note of what Rankwatch is saying and if you take the Content point and apply it directly to blog commenting, then in reality you are contributing to the content of a particular Blog and as long as your comments are relevant, then gaining the links shouldn't be a problem.

Additionally, if your comments are useful and informative then you help to better your name as an authority in your given knowledge base. :)
    rainbowgod, May 14, 2013 IP
  9. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Blogging is the best to built backlinks. Search Engines Love fresh content & people too. Its is the best method to built quality backlinks.
    rashida, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  10. saket ricky

saket ricky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @ rainbowgod , thanks mate for sharing your knowledge

i also want to add few points

1. Don’t rely on any one type of site for a majority of your links; build links of all types into your plans.
    2. Be aware of the quality of links you're building, but make sure to keep the overall portfolio looking natural.
    3. Don't use a single author for all your content - vary it between different, real, people. When using external writers, use their authorship to help further vary the mix.
    4. Split up different parts of a client’s campaign between different team members; that way there should naturally be a slightly different approach applied across the client’s links.
    5. Oversimplifying a link building process may make it faster, but the footprint it generates also makes it riskier.
    saket ricky, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  11. alex06295

alex06295 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lets sum up with:

quality content
    natural backlinks
    quality backlinks
    slow links
    regular work
    fresh content
    alex06295, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  12. SEO_Yoda

SEO_Yoda Greenhorn Premium Member

Best Answers:
    What works for me:
    links from relevant content
    varied anchor text
    Pagerank of page linking out at least PR1
    low number of outgoing links on linking page
    links from lots of different domains
    no sudden jumps in number of new links
    SEO_Yoda, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  13. nnimal

nnimal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Before add link on blog commenting check the type of link which is nofollow or follow
    nnimal, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  14. Focl

Focl Notable Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Always do it to looks like natural backlinks, many variations and format of links
    (natural backlinks, image links, keyword links, ..)
    But always pick only good ones, never place links on spamy sites
    Focl, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  15. uttoransen

uttoransen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess some of the older methods of building backlinks still works, like blog comments, articles, press release etc. however, with time, thing evolve for good. At this point if any thing is done properly with giving value as the prime objective, it should work.

I would say the following ways of link building works best for now:
    1) Content marketing.
    2) Guest Blogging.
    3) Press release.
    4) Blog commenting.
    5) Networking with fellow bloggers.
    6) Infographics
    7) Viral marketing

cheers!
    uttoransen, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  16. arif26

arif26 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's Really Gold Mind Articles For Newbies Very Very Informative :)
    arif26, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  17. emily

emily Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably the best way is to work on quality content to which people want to link...
    emily, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  18. Agent000

Agent000 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is a perfect example of why I love DP so much. I want all my competitors to follow the advice in this thread - its going to make my job easier!
    Agent000, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  19. rainbowgod

rainbowgod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

to summarize what peeps have said is that whatever you do, you must stay natural...

and staying natural.... is apply randomization to your methodologies...

And this must be seen as a fundamental aspect of your marketing campaign.

Rainbow :)
    rainbowgod, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  20. smithangela

smithangela Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    best method of backlinks building these days are Real content marketing , Social media marketing & PR .
    smithangela, Jun 14, 2013 IP
    rainbowgod likes this.