1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please check your forums for spam.

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Techie Geek, Oct 23, 2010.

If you read this thread and you own a forum - please check your forum for blackhat spam. I'm trying to spread the word about stopping blackhat spammers from the source and every forum that checks for and bans these users helps the cause.

Basically, people are registering on forums, leaving a link in their signature or URL field, and leaving (never coming back again). This gets the blackhats links and it turns some nice forums into portals for spammers.

All you need to do is go to your forum's member list and use some filter options to find these people. I have screenshots for IP Board and vBulletin, but I know you can do it on phpBB in the ACP and on SMF and myBB too.

I think some of you could be amazed at how much spam has gathered on your forum. For my forum I just check for people with links and signatures that contain "http://" and have less than one post. BTW if anyone is wondering why they don't want this spam on their forum (which should be common sense) you can read that in my blog post (linked above).

Thanks DigitalPoint community!

Techie Geek, Oct 23, 2010 IP