1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please change example domain in setup

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by tresman, Dec 3, 2004.

When looking at setup instructions I quite problaby that you copy&paste some lines.

I did that on setup instructions for MT and forgot to change the address you (it was quite late at night). After that, you find your site full of ads, really full.

I think www. yourdomain.com could changed to example.com, just to avoid this. Sure you will notice the problem quickly, but would be better if it could be just avoided.

tresman, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure how changing it to example.com would make people change it. Surely they know they don't own yourdomain,.com as well. :)

digitalpoint, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  3. tresman

tresman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But the fact is that pointing to yourdomain.com returns a lot of ads, including google ads. What they see when the domain is not changed is something similar to the coop network but this looks like shit.

By using example.org at least you can be sure that you are not displaying ads. Nothing will happen.

The thing is: yourdomain.com/ad_network.php is not returning a 404, but ads.

tresman, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ahhh... okay. I changed it to www.yourdomainDOTcom, that way it doesn't even resolve to anything.

digitalpoint, Dec 3, 2004 IP