1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Be Careful of Buying Higher PR Links on Dropped Domains - Dont' Get Ripped Off

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jg123, Oct 10, 2007.

1. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    is there anything can be done from our end to stop a scammer sell links on a dropped domain? in a case like the one i memtioned above were the seller doesn;t disclose the fact that it is a dropped domain? I know it has been discussed in the thread that red rep can weed out the scammer. but that is only if i buy a link from the scammer. in this case where i was able to spot this scammer and it really harts to see others lose their hard earned money on a scam like this, what can we do to warn others. it is my understanding that not everyone will read thru the entire comments to see what other member's feedback is. besides, i'm not sure its a good idea to post a comment on the thread saying "you are a scammer" and "don't buy link from this guy." what can be done to warn others?

sultanofseo, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  2. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That will likely get you an infraction but you can post, Is this a dropped domain? Because I see it was a different site 2 months ago?

Also you can give red reputation without participating in a trade, you are thinking of iTrader (which you must participate in a deal to post).

jg123, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  3. Alexander the Great

Alexander the Great Peon

Best Answers:
    Caveat Emptor. Do Due Diligance.

Alexander the Great, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. Alexander the Great

Alexander the Great Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, some jackass gave up some of his own reputation to ding mine, leaving a message with a smiley face. Some people have no brains or balls.

Alexander the Great, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  5. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:

jg123, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  6. elvirs

elvirs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hear you man, that jackass loves giving red reps just for fun. Just ignore those sick people.

elvirs, Nov 2, 2007 IP
    Alexander the Great likes this.
  7. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Same happens with blog networks, someone was advertising get 1,000 backlinks on PR4/3 blogs. After buying a package and getting the URLs none of the home pages were even cached so the sites didnt even exist to Google so zero backlinks.

I posted about this and got red reps, and the op went on to fleece xxx members of between $20-100 each. People dont read anyway, so there is no point.

sweetfunny, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  8. Alexander the Great

Alexander the Great Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I got another red rep saying "sorry to hear about your red rep." Boy, there's some dickless coward trolling these boards trying to feel better about his self esteem issue. Sorry mommy never gave you any attention, jackass, but why don't you go back to eating paint chips?

Alexander the Great, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  9. 04lwarner

04lwarner Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info

04lwarner, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  10. Godserve

Godserve Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a dropped domain go up in PR, and no I dont sell links on it. it was an $18 experiment.

Godserve, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  11. dillontim

dillontim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks jg123... very informative and useful. I agree if this post is made sticky

dillontim, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  12. Godserve

Godserve Active Member

Best Answers:
    someone gave me a bad rep, because I bought a dropped domain, how lame is that...........People cant read obviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godserve, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  13. Godserve

Godserve Active Member

Best Answers:
    IM not selling links on it IDIOT!!!!!!yuou gave me another bad rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THE WHO IS FOR ALL THE LINKS ITS ME THE SAME GUY WHO OWNS ALL OF THEM

Godserve, Dec 23, 2007 IP