1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Platform selection

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Grecko, Jan 13, 2016.

Hi all!
    I am going to create a website for selling pyrography art where people will choose from a variety of options (wooden pictures, leather, etc.) where customers will choose type and size and then choose any photo or picture. After creating the pyrography by hand in high-quality and detail it will be shipped to their location.
    I am not axperienced in website design so i would like to choose an ecommerce platform.
    After a quick search i think that Bigcommerce is a good choice.
    Do you have experience in any other platforms that will be suitable for the task?
    Thanks!

Grecko, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  2. TheThriftyVaper

TheThriftyVaper Member

Best Answers:
    I am personally heavily involved with Wordpress and WooCommerce. Having Wordpress as your base opens up the possibility of not having to deal with web design. Woocommerce also offers the functionality of what you're wanting to offer. When you create your product you can setup what is known as a Variable product. For you, you would simply add the attribute of for example "Art Type" and list the variations offered "Wooden Picture | Leather | Etc..." you can have multiple attributes in a Variable product. I think you should consider the WP/WooCommerce combination.

TheThriftyVaper, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  3. thestylishkid

thestylishkid Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also consider magento its a nice solution, i work as freelance consultant and have created few e-stores in magento for clients

thestylishkid, Jan 15, 2016 IP
  4. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    Woo-commerce could be the better option if you would like consider. That support wide ranges of plugins

m.sivarajan, Jan 18, 2016 IP
  5. Roman_Y.

Roman_Y. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I m sure that the best way for you is Magento cms. It's very easy in customizing, there are lots of tutorials about it in youtube. At least, there are thousand of extensions which are already built in magento, so you don't need to buy any plugins (like in Woocommerce, e.g). Magento is cool when you have different categories and dozens of products, when you want to develop your shop and have lots of customers each months. It's not a secret, that Magento is a little expensive, but it worths this price.

Roman_Y., Feb 1, 2016 IP
  6. Indiebrandbuilder.com

Indiebrandbuilder.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Kswamulu is 100% wrong (or maybe I'm misinterpreting his response) - Shopify is probably the best and easiest way to get up and running because it does NOT require technical skills. I run a shop www.soyoung.ca on shopify so I speak from first hand experience. Our previous store was on Magneto - which is powerful but probably better suited to larger sites as it will require a specialized developer for many customizations. I also find that Magento is very slow unless you invest in optimization (again - requires a developer) Woo-commerce for wordpress is an option also, but depending on our skills, may also require some developer support. I Haven't used it but my blog is on wordpress.

Shopify is a hosted solution designed to allow non- technical types to get up and running fast. I would suggest checking it out.

Hope that helps, Jeremy
    www.indiebrandbuilder.com

Indiebrandbuilder.com, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  7. stephenscott115

stephenscott115 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go with the Magento. Magento offers flexible, scalable eCommerce solutions designed to help you grow and succeed online.
    Benefits of using Magento websites are: Tailored business solutions, Large community of Magento users, Free CMS platform, Highly Secure and SEO friendly.

stephenscott115, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  8. Indiebrandbuilder.com

Indiebrandbuilder.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've used both Magento and Shopify, and for a startup shop by someone who has no experience in Web design, I would strongly recommend Shopify. Much easier to get something that looks clean and modern out of the box and no technical skills required.

Indiebrandbuilder.com, Feb 2, 2016 IP