1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Placing the right URL for a blog

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Anis Moussa, Jan 20, 2014.

I'm currently working on improving our company's website SEO score www.sahara.com

One tactic I'm planning to use is creating a blog to post articles frequently and direct traffic from our social media platforms to the blog and therefore increase our SEO ranking for our website www.sahara.com

So the question is, which URL shall I allocate for the blog? either blog.sahara.com or www.sahara.com/blog

Which URL will contribute in enhancing our SEO score?

Many thanks :)

Solved! View solution.
    Anis Moussa, Jan 20, 2014 IP
    Subdomains get counted as their own or separate domain(a brand new one). Its almost 6 of one half dozen of the other but using blog. is going to take longer. Using it in a sub folder is a much sounder idea as it pertains to being an authority on something. I would go with the latter in this case.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  3. Anis Moussa

Anis Moussa Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much Nigel Lew, so I will use www.sahara.com/blog in this case.

Best regards :)

Anis Moussa, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure thing. I didn't see a need to suggest something other than /blog here. Sometimes I use something like /lifestyle-center if its product related for instance. Just a thought.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  5. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like other member's said use sahara.com/blog !!

John Dave, Jan 20, 2014 IP