1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Placing Link Ads within the text of an article?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by slobizman, May 4, 2015.

I have very good success with placing rectangular Adsense ads (usually Large Rectangular) floating right within the text of an article. The text wraps around the ad. Looks good and converts very well.

I've recently tried vertical Adsense Link Ads on a website, placed near the top of a sidebar. They are doing better than I suspected they would.

So, now I'm wondering if it might be worth it to try embedding the vertical Link Ads into an article, just like I do with the large rectangular ad. But I want to make sure that there is nothing against the TOS that I'm missing. I'd think not, but it's just that I have not seen anyone doing this on a site, or talking about it on the web.

Thank you.

slobizman, May 4, 2015 IP
  2. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    I used to do that - place adsense ads within article text. I never had any problem - I just think it might be a good idea to make sure that the ads are not so close to the text of the article - that it becomes confusing. Because Google makes it very clear - when someone clicks on an adsense ad - we want it to be because they REALLY wanted to click on the Ad(s) and not because they were confused.

parisent, Sep 28, 2015 IP