1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by jrbiz, Jun 19, 2017.

We went to see this movie, yesterday, to help celebrate Father's Day. It was a good sequel and kept me entertained the entire 2.5 hours, which is hard to do. But I do have a comment/observation/sort of complaint.

First, it is important to note that I believe that Johnny Depp was born to be Captain Jack Sparrow and that the combination of him and that character are, hands down, the best movie pirate ever (and I am older than dirt and have been seeing pirate movies for decades.) Worthy of an Oscar, as far as I am concerned.

However, this sequel and the previous one brought in new, younger characters (to address the younger movie going crowd and make for more interesting love interests, I suspect) who seem to have pushed Captain Jack Sparrow to the background a bit and that hurts the movie, in my opinion. I would much rather see more of Captain Jack Sparrow throughout the movie because he is such an excellent pirate.

But, again, it was a good movie that kept me in my seat the whole time. It just could have been better with more focus on the good Captain.

jrbiz, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  2. Svoboda

Svoboda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I think the franchise should have been finished after the third installment. This one was okay, much better than the last, but it's obvious they're just shaking the money tree at this point.

Svoboda, Jun 19, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is true that they are running out of plot lines. That is why they should focus on the characters, especially Captain Jack Sparrow.

jrbiz, Jun 20, 2017 IP
  4. HayBen

HayBen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is this series worth watching? I haven't seen the fist part yet. I think it is overrated. Correct me if I am wrong. I'd watch it.

HayBen, Jun 23, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The first couple of them were really, really good, in my opinion. And, as I mentioned above, Johnny Depp is masterful as Captain Jack Sparrow. That said, I have enjoyed all of them and that is unusual because I am generally biased against movies that last 2.5 hours each. But you should definitely check out the first one, to start. You do want to see them in order.

jrbiz, Jun 23, 2017 IP
  6. jounyy2

jounyy2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Every part of the series is worth watching

jounyy2, Jul 11, 2017 IP
  7. Will Laurence

Will Laurence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The first three movies were fantastic. All solid movies with really fine-tuned plot lines, loads of epic battle scenes, a good cast, and just enough comic relief. The fourth movie sucked... but for the whole series to make sense you kind of need to watch it. This latest installment was far better than the fourth movie. I'd even go as far as saying that it was just as good in some ways as the first three. I would recommend this series as a whole even if they did fail at the fourth movie.

Will Laurence, Jul 11, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Peon

Best Answers:
    I find the trilogy entertaining. Story is good and the actors are great. I'm actually happy that they made this series a long one. 6 parts to be exact.

Neiltarquin, Jul 16, 2017 IP
  9. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Where I can download these movie since my favorite torrent site has take down like extratorrent.cc ,isohunt, kickass torrent...

robyries, Jul 16, 2017 IP
  10. Will Laurence

Will Laurence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's still a new movie so torrenting right now might prove difficult. It tends to become abundantly easier to find downloads after the DVD version has been released.

The Pirate Bay seems to still be up and running, however they are constantly changing their domain and even the name of their web address. I find it best, when I'm searching for a torrent; to search the name of what I'm looking for on google followed by 'torrent' and/or 'TPB'. That tends to find me what I'm looking for no matter what URL they are currently using.

On the other hand; if you watch a lot movies and TV shows illegally, I'd say your best bet to buy yourself an android box. They cost almost nothing and you can find pretty much any media for free. Quite easily, I might add.

Will Laurence, Jul 17, 2017 IP
  11. Alex Blackwell

Alex Blackwell Member

Best Answers:
    I love that this move but i am waiting is 1080p.BluRay.

Alex Blackwell, Jul 27, 2017 IP
  12. Rakenson

Rakenson Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I thought it was a disappointment when comparing it to the others in the series. The whole story felt to forced and it wasn't as appealing as the others I've seen. They probably should have just ended it at the third movie when the story was interesting.

Rakenson, Jul 29, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. They are running out of story lines, at this point.

jrbiz, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  14. Russell Chambers

Russell Chambers Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have always loved these movies very much.

Russell Chambers, Aug 10, 2017 IP
  15. lesleygreen47

lesleygreen47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    watch free movies on showbox app on your android app free apk download is here
    http://apkadvisor.com/showbox-apk/

lesleygreen47, Sep 22, 2017 IP
  16. HayBen

HayBen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How about the last part?

HayBen, Sep 22, 2017 IP
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I liked them all, though the last couple of movies were running out of storyline. That said, Johnny Depp, a.k.a. Captain Jack Sparrow, is quite simply the best movie pirate that I have ever seen, so they are worth watching just from that perspective.

jrbiz, Sep 25, 2017 IP
  18. HayBen

HayBen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess then I have to watch! I like Johny Depp but initially Pirates film didn't attract me, but my friends and then people here are saying good things about it so yeah I've to watch it now.

HayBen, Sep 26, 2017 IP
  19. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought I read somewhere that Jack Sparrow might get written out of the franchise, can't remember where i read that though. It comes out on bluray here in the UK on Monday

SpacePhoenix, Sep 26, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Big mistake if they do that. He is the franchise, if you ask me.

jrbiz, Sep 26, 2017 IP