1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Men Tell No Tales

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by jrbiz, Jun 19, 2017 at 1:46 PM.

We went to see this movie, yesterday, to help celebrate Father's Day. It was a good sequel and kept me entertained the entire 2.5 hours, which is hard to do. But I do have a comment/observation/sort of complaint.

First, it is important to note that I believe that Johnny Depp was born to be Captain Jack Sparrow and that the combination of him and that character are, hands down, the best movie pirate ever (and I am older than dirt and have been seeing pirate movies for decades.) Worthy of an Oscar, as far as I am concerned.
    SEMrush
    However, this sequel and the previous one brought in new, younger characters (to address the younger movie going crowd and make for more interesting love interests, I suspect) who seem to have pushed Captain Jack Sparrow to the background a bit and that hurts the movie, in my opinion. I would much rather see more of Captain Jack Sparrow throughout the movie because he is such an excellent pirate.

But, again, it was a good movie that kept me in my seat the whole time. It just could have been better with more focus on the good Captain.

jrbiz, Jun 19, 2017 at 1:46 PM IP
    SEMrush
  2. Svoboda

Svoboda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I think the franchise should have been finished after the third installment. This one was okay, much better than the last, but it's obvious they're just shaking the money tree at this point.

Svoboda, Jun 19, 2017 at 8:43 PM IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It is true that they are running out of plot lines. That is why they should focus on the characters, especially Captain Jack Sparrow.

jrbiz, Jun 20, 2017 at 4:25 AM IP
  4. HayBen

HayBen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is this series worth watching? I haven't seen the fist part yet. I think it is overrated. Correct me if I am wrong. I'd watch it.

HayBen, Jun 23, 2017 at 3:08 AM IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The first couple of them were really, really good, in my opinion. And, as I mentioned above, Johnny Depp is masterful as Captain Jack Sparrow. That said, I have enjoyed all of them and that is unusual because I am generally biased against movies that last 2.5 hours each. But you should definitely check out the first one, to start. You do want to see them in order.

jrbiz, Jun 23, 2017 at 10:21 AM IP