1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Piratereports.com cause damange to my business

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by tech4, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Piratereports

Piratereports Guest

Best Answers:
    For information you cannot claim in the small claims court until you have proven you have submitted a claim that holds water and has been declined in total by the recipient. If you do expect a large bill.

No vB does not have remote de-activation.

99.999% of our DMCA's are digitally signed emails and we send about 1 fax a year and no snail mail. Please quote facts so as not to confuse people in to believeing you know what you are talking about.

Piratereports, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i was in this thread over a week ago, and i am surprised this is still going on.

both of you, please grow up.!

to the guy who got his forum deleted, if you are going to sue them, sue them, sitting on a computer and typing i'll do this and i'll do that is easy, very difficult in real life.

to pirate reports, it's clear that it was your fault,then why don't you admit it and finish the matter, people and companies don't become great because they are flawless, they become great by admitting their mistakes and trying not to do the same mistakes again.

the more you discuss this, the more it reaches out in google rankings and will hurt your company more than you can imagine, for long times to come. remember archives.

there is a time to be principled, now is not that time.

so please for the last time, try not to ruin the great helpful atmosphere in dp, take your fights in pm's

competent123, Apr 20, 2009 IP
    Cal813 likes this.
  3. Piratereports

Piratereports Guest

Best Answers:
    Not answering issues and hoping they will go away in my opinion is an admission, and I have nothing to apogise for and I also found the last two posts unhelpful for anyone considering litigation and worth correcting.

I don't mind if the matter goes to number one in the ratings as I think it shows how the truth never seems to get in the way of a good story and the Internet and some posts should be viewed with caution.

On that note I will not respond any further as I too thought the thread had run its course some days back.

Piratereports, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  4. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like an issue with the host. And again..the TOS with your host probably protects them. You are imho foolish for not keeping backups. And we have said that you were down for about 12 hours and that you did indeed get your site back up. The loss to you is almost nothing beyond the aggravation which it appears you are just fueling with this thread.

Not clear at all....and apologizing is an admission of guilt. Why would they do that?

RectangleMan, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  5. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree. I think this could've been "avoided" if the host ran a proper procedure.

Usually, hosts will NOT delete an account. They usually suspend it and await for the owner to contact them. That's how it SHOULD be done.

Personally, I think you should POST the web host you had and let us know about them. This way anyone with a vB board will NOT sign up with them.

BTW, when a host SUSPENDS an account, that's usually good enough on PirateReports part. Why? because the board is down and that's the main goal. Yes, the files are STILL on the server, but technically the board is unusable and files inaccessible.

A host should suspend the account and have a certain time limit 1-2 weeks or possibly till the next payment due date to DELETE the account.

I guess this is a message for everyone.

READ YOUR HOSTS TOS's... ASK THEM LOTS OF QUESTIONS.

As well as Pirate Reports part, I feel Jelsoft does NOT provide them enough information. Now unless Jelsoft directly contact the member about the transaction having issues, then it's really Jelsoft's fault at hand. It's their job to NOTIFY any problems with transactions on THEIR END....

I think it was a TOTAL waste of PirateReports time, because it had NOTHING to do with piracy.

Now, I'm mentioning the above after reading what's happened so far. This isn't the 1st time Jelsoft has had issues in the billing area.

Cal813, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  6. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wholeheartedly agree.

Hmm, someone sent me a negative rating as a f-a-g-g-o-t just for making a
    post while not attacking anyone. Ah yes, some kids have nothing else to say.

Dave Zan, Apr 23, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.