1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pinterest vs Facebook

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Amadish, Feb 27, 2013.

1. spekter

spekter Member

Best Answers:
    I like facebook better, dont get the pinterest realy.
    Maybe because I am not in clothes niche or something like that,...

spekter, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  2. sieghart

sieghart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion it's Facebook as long as you keep your page updated and post it on public. This will allow everyone to see you're page. Ask also some of your network friends to visit and promote your page.

sieghart, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  3. shahbaz12

shahbaz12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I Think Facebook is best... But its depend on your work

shahbaz12, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  4. RakiaOffer

RakiaOffer Peon

Best Answers:
    Rakia Like this answer (:)
    And yes, Facebook is by far a much bigger platform

RakiaOffer, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  5. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook = more users

geekos, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  6. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made the fan pages o face book and it helps to get me some traffic. So i think Facebook is the better to built traffic.

My Property Stores, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  7. tim.warboys

tim.warboys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well for free then Pinterest is great for going viral with images.

But if its direct B2C advertising then Facebook is the only option!

tim.warboys, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  8. Locvis

Locvis Peon

Best Answers:
    While Facebook dominates in socially-driven shopping, Pinterest is driving the highest average spending per online shopping session.

• Facebook dominates as a source of traffic: Shoppers who click-through account for the overwhelming majority of shopping sessions at nearly 86% (85.8%), followed by Pinterest (11.3%) and Twitter (2.9%).

• Shoppers who started at Facebook browse more and buy more often — nearly seven pages per visit vs. nearly three for Twitter and just over four from Pinterest and purchase somewhat more frequently (conversion rates of 2.63%) than Pinterest (.93%) or Twitter (1.09%).

• Pinterest is driving more revenue per session - nearly double that of other social channels: While shoppers who come to retail sites from Facebook and Twitter purchase more often, Pinterest users spend dramatically more than either ($168.83 average order value vs. $94.70 for Facebook and $70.84 for Twitter).

Locvis, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  9. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    It depends and both sites have different purpose, the kind of visitors you would get from Facebook, it is not necessary that the same quality visitors you are getting from Pinterest.

MikeQ, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  10. Clare12345

Clare12345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media is good to leverage as not only a way to gain more traffic, but to communicate with your clients and for them to communicate with you. As different clients will focus on different forms of social media, find out which forms work well for you and for your clients, and use those. Many businesses will post the same things on their different forms of social media and clients can access whichever one they prefer, or they post different content on the different outlets. You will want to provide something that your clients value so that they enjoy reading it and come back. With Facebook this could be company updates, product launches, and event statuses. With Pinterest it could be creating a graphical representation of your values, products, what your company stands for, or other information that will help your clients enjoy their purchases.

Clare12345, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  11. digitalcreativenetwork

digitalcreativenetwork Member

Best Answers:
    Though most of the members replying here are going in favor of Facebook and I absolutely agree to the logic they are providing but I think there is little more to Digg to get the answer if you are trying to compare the traffic funneling between Facebook and Pinterest. Please keep reading.

Facebook:

When we are taking about funneling traffic from facebook then we should keep in mind the nature or mindset of facebook users. No doubt Facebook is dominating the social platform to communicate and share whatever you have but probably you have noticed that Facebook has its drawbacks too. You can get a major part of your friends circle who are either more interested in sharing their updates. They may check out your updates at a glance but may not click the link you are sharing there because they are your friends and they may not have same interest like you.
    • So, if you are trying to drive traffic from facebook, try groups or fan page more than timeline as must to funnel them to your site. The conversion from groups and fan pages on facebook are more positive because they are been joined by like minded people searching for solutions, tips, information published there.
    • Don't invite every one in your friend list to join your group or fan page because that way you will end up building a list of people who are not like minded. Rather it is better that you join some related groups, fan pages and try building rapport or communicate with like minded members there and they will gradually take interest in your group or fanpage. So, whatever you are posting there will go to like minded people and the conversion will be more effective.
    Pinterest:

Pinterest though running behind the facebook still have some good conversion ratio because people joining, visiting pinterest have different mindset. They are searching for images, categories etc which interest them. So, if you are wise enough to post related images and able to select proper categories, use good description that will help guiding the visitors then the conversion is quite satisfactory or even better.

So, before choosing any platform it is wise to spend sometime to learn How to use that platform to funnel down more traffic to your site.

Hope this will help you. If you have any query related to social media, affiliate, blogging, Ad Networks etc.. please feel free to ask me. I would be more than happy to share my experience to the extent I can.

Thanks for reading.

digitalcreativenetwork, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  12. david0019

david0019 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    both are perfect on their places ..i like both facebook and pinterest

david0019, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  13. parmarjeet

parmarjeet Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook can bring viral traffic and Pinterest brings quality traffic (if used correctly)

parmarjeet, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  14. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is far superior to Pinterest. Pinterest has been a complete dud and the links are nofollow.

helleborine, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  15. mrpunk

mrpunk Peon

Best Answers:
    i think Facebook, but of your blog is about wallpaper / images i think pinterest better than FB

mrpunk, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  16. NItish Menon

NItish Menon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    FACE IS BATTER THAN PRINTEREST FOR REACHING TRAFFIC .,but there is a new one www.f4friends.com good design userfriendly features,more over it allows user;s to add advertisements directly from their profile no advertisements from company.click here for more information
    <a href="www.earnings.f4friends.com"> earnings.f4friends.com</a>
    HTML:
    .the website allows a person to make money from his profile page through advertisement

NItish Menon, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  17. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook with more than 1 billion users! :)

mrmax, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  18. James Ross

James Ross Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook for the longer run but Pinterest can generate some nice traffic early on if you're in the right niche.

James Ross, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  19. Evsum

Evsum Member

Best Answers:
    At Evsum we have hundreds of Pinterest followers, and 600+ likes on Facebook. We have like 10x more Pins and Repins than Facebook shares or likes but still Facebook brings more traffic.

Evsum, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  20. Xnefoo

Xnefoo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pinterest is great for amazon affiliates, and will bring good traffic to your niche site if your niche is womens products.

Xnefoo, Apr 14, 2013 IP