1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pinging with Multiple Sources?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by JMasterJ, Jul 2, 2013.

I read a thread here where there were tons of suggestions for pinging sites, like pingomatic, pingler, autopinger, etc....

I realize you only really want to ping when you have changes or if a long time has passed, but is there any positives in pinging with say, all 3 of the above sites every time a change is made, or will that be considered duplicate pinging and u will get blasted? I.e., basically are all ping sites the same at the core of their functionality?

Also, anyone know much about the Wordpress auto pinger? Do u really need something like the WordPress Ping Optimizer to make sure WP doesnt spam the ping every time u save? Doesnt make sense bec I bet most people dont use something like the WordPress Ping Optimizer, which means most WP sites get tagged as spammy?

JMasterJ, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  2. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think pinging sites like Pingler and Pingomatic have the same function so you need only use one to ping your site. I also only ping my site when I have new content, or when I updated an article.

I haven't used the Wordpress Auto Pinger so I can't really give feedback on it, but I think it functions pretty much the same way as the other ping sites.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  3. JMasterJ

JMasterJ Member

Best Answers:
    Hey there, thanks! Nice to see someone from Affilorama here participating, I love your SEO content! I wish I had more time to see more of it..... someday soon....

JMasterJ, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  4. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pinging sites don't work a lot in SEO, it is just used for indexing purposes, if you are using too many pinging sites then it is not good as well.. let your content index naturally.

SERPpoint, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  5. JMasterJ

JMasterJ Member

Best Answers:
    I wasnt planning on using it a lot, just wondering if there were any kind of difference between the different once since some offer options to add to news/social media sites as well, and others are more simple. I dont know how often my sites will get pinged naturally, but I do know one of my newer sites was "unranked" and after I pinged it appeared on page 6.

JMasterJ, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  6. Khan5473

Khan5473 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice tips from all of you my friends

Khan5473, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  7. I'm a Forum Poster!

I'm a Forum Poster! Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use ping site when your content is not indexed, this would be useful to you, if your site is well indexed in Google then there is no point to ping again and again.

I'm a Forum Poster!, Jul 3, 2013 IP