1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

pinging google with a directory sitemap

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by daboss, Aug 12, 2006.

this post is regarding directories...

anyone know if it is ok to ping google with a sitemap of the entire directory everytime [1] a new submission is approved or [2] a category submission is approved? i'm worried google may frown at this if the directory is busy and approvals occur frequently...

daboss, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  2. Radovan_III

Radovan_III Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, am not shure but for a one of mine directories i made a cron job, once every 12h it pings google.

Radovan_III, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  3. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    I have offered daily updates through my service (IF there is updated info) and Google never complained at all. I've specifically used daily updates ON MY SITE up until a week or two ago when I went to weekly updates to support other members who wanted daily spidering.

I've never seen a problem and always ranked well. I don't suggest pinging for the sake of pinging them, though... only if you actually have updated maps.

MaxPowers, Aug 13, 2006 IP