1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Picking another language to complete my project for more experience

Discussion in 'PHP' started by JoshuaEir, Jan 29, 2021.

As I have mentioned, I am writing an ecommerce store using JavaScript and PHP. It is for experience to get an internship. It is now partly written, the administration side mostly done. As I begin working on the consumers side, I am considering using another language to learn even more. What is thought about this idea, and if so, what other languages would be a good choice?

JoshuaEir

Solved! View solution.
    JoshuaEir, Jan 29, 2021 IP
  2. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been working with PHP for over 10 years. About 3 years ago I started learning Go which I am finding highly enjoyable to work with.

Anveto, Jan 29, 2021 IP
  3. JoshuaEir

JoshuaEir Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds interesting, fast and functional. However, this language is not very popular, is it? Maybe I should keep using PHP to do the order pages, or C#, or Node.js might be good. Something long lasting would be ideal.

My experience with PHP is using html strings with variables, and using insert, and update, and delete, and ajax.

It's up to you what kind of criteria you want to place on the language. I think if you are looking for a job Go is one of the higher paid languages. What makes me happy is the simplicity and performance. I'm currently making a CMS written in go, it's still very early and is barely usable but I hope to be able to have it running in a production environment in a few months. Fell free to star/watch it on Github and message me if you have any questions https://github.com/uberswe/beubo

Anveto, Jan 29, 2021 IP
  5. JoshuaEir

JoshuaEir Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I was searching Go not GoLang.

6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try "python".
    That is another popular language widely used.

Or if you want, you can even go with JAVA JSP.
    Will be lot difficult to learn though.
    However, job prospects with this one can be better.

JEET, Jan 30, 2021 IP