1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpMyAdmin Question!!

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by sheelgohe, Apr 12, 2005.

How to create a database through phpmyadmin. I have already a database present and i have to create a new database but on my phpmyadmin the link to create database is disabled and it is written do not have privilages to create database. Please help me....

Regards
    Sheel

sheelgohe, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps, your hosting does not allow more than current # dbs.

Anyway you could try phpmyadmin at your windows machine by installing easyphp from www.easyphp.org

Hope that helps.

Tuning, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  3. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Databases are created in your Admin panel (cPanel, Plesk, Helm or other)

sadcox66, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  4. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    See I use WAMPSERVER http://www.wampserver.com/en/ it worked better for me for some reason then easyphp. I always do my hardcore coding in it so as not to crash something on my live server ;) anyway, just thought I would throw out another option

palespyder, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  5. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    MySQL is privilage based and if you do not have rights to create a data base, you can not, end of story untill you are given the rights

You should be able to create any and all the tables you need inside that 1 data base, there is no limit on the number of tables.

mushroom, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  6. jollyollie

jollyollie Peon

Best Answers:
    What Control Panel does your host use? As mentioned before, MySQL databases are created there.

CPanel (which my current host uses) has a MySQL Databases menu in either the Site Management or Databases menu (depending on how CPanel is configured.) It's very simple to create a database from there.

jollyollie, Apr 12, 2005 IP