1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PhpLynx Directory Script released

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by cantufind, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Itchy

Itchy Peon

Best Answers:
    I see once again your talking out of your arris you tell me where ive been posting then and under what names? the only posting ive made that includes your script is here and after someone went crying to sir i havent mentioned it by name have i? so its you whos mentioning their own script in this thread and all im doing is pointing out the facts or are you saying your free script does all the above :rolleyes: and if you would like to go and get someone to read for you ... you will see i said "any of the free scripts that have been mentioned on this whole thread so far cannot do all " i did not mention your script at all.... sir sir he did sir look

and i have chosen another script thanks to you .. it was you that opened my eyes so many thanks for that and i look forward to sending many ppl to phplynx as their all better off getting a free script packed full of features (got that from somewhere) + the added bonus of a 1st class support in a forum just look at how many threads in each forums go un replied or if they do get a reply in a forum how many times does some one pop up saying you got ten dollars for that answer...

ive joined your forum multiple times now the 1st i didnt get any support at all i was not spamming or asking for the impossible as the possible answer was lying behind a locked forum, all i got for my troubles was not to be allowed to post anything again ... the other accounts i have (and still have) the only support ive got is from someone who shall be nameless saying have you got access to the supporters forum it is only $10 for access :rolleyes: and even then there could be no answer to the problem in which case you either have to lump it or pay someone to fix your script.
    If you spent more time in your own forum posting than you did in here your be providing a better service for your script but sadly you dont...

Sir Sir come quickly sir look sir what hes said now sir

Itchy, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  2. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really suggest that you checkout the PHPLynx forums for more technical details in case here has been too much noise and invalid arguments. I have been reading around their forums today and hope to join the community actively from next week - they are good people with solid skills.

Regards

Mihai, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  3. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously have a grudge against me.
    You have even called me names.
    I don't know who you were on my forum, but if you behaved like you are behaving right now, it would not surpise me if you got less than satisfactory results, though I'm sure we would have tried to help, like we do every day for many people who ask questions.

I hope the people at phpLynx can help you. I truly do.
    I try to be a forgiving person. I will not hold a grudge against you.
    Peace be with you.

dvduval, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  4. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    this thread is too funny, but definitely entertaining.

i will continue to read it as long as it remains open.

an0n, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  5. Itchy

Itchy Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope i dont have a grudge against you at all if i did i would be banned :D

And as ive always stated i behaved very politely on your forum and got snubbed for no reason other than the fact i hadnt paid $10. many thanks for your forgiveness it was well received and now i can sleep peacefully at night as peace has suddenly be placed upon me... but i'll still recommend phplynx to all :p as your right they truly can help me and many other ppl all for dare i say it........ FREE :eek:

Thank you and good night..
    LOL Oh and just noticed im not Itchy on your forum from North Vancouver so dont go penalising him/her just in case you had already
    Sir Sir im sure sir he does have a grudge against me sir look....

Itchy, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  6. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have to agree with you.
    Well worth a reading of all the posts, if to get nothing more than a nice laugh.

iowadawg, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  7. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you also for your apology.
    I still don't know exactly how much support you were seeking, but when you made your purchase, it's pretty clear about the supporters forum. It's the first paragraph in the terms of service and clearly visible on the user signup page (not fine print).

And that is wonderful phpLynx is helping people for free, but I'm sure they have limitations too, or will in the future if they grow, though they may choose an alternate route on how they handle paid support, such as building the cost of support into the script.

I sincerely wish you and phpLynx the best.

I do apologize also for posting in a thread that is clearly about phpLynx, not phpLD, but unfortunately there were some specifics directed at phpLD that needed to be addressed.

dvduval, Feb 9, 2007 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  8. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:

cantufind, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  9. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe funny.

First post and thread started by cantufind :

Than cantufind complains about hijacking his thread (which means somewhat owns the thread) :

Hehe yes funny thread make up your mind cantufind or you lost it already? If you do not own this thread than who does, and if you do not, than why bitch about hijacking this thread which happens to be started by you ? :p

paidhosting, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  10. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you all there Bunny? Don't you have anything better to do than to run around forums posting crap? If you read my post you'd see that I said to David that I had no problem with people posting here. Duh :rolleyes:

cantufind, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  11. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

paidhosting, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  12. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    What is your problem? are you that jealous of phpLynx?

Posts like yours is the very reason why digital point is getting a bad reputation, you'd swear you were doing this deliberately to avoid the main body of this thread which is...

'Can you compare your free version of phpLnyx to any script you have tried and tell us why you think it is better?'

Your not trying to do that now are you? Let the thread progress where people can actually respond to this, if there are features I can add as a result then this would be fantastic, right now it looks like your just clouding the issue?

cantufind, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  13. feedback

feedback Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey paidhosting,

I've been following this thread and if all posts were more in line with the post Milai mad here
    this thread could progress in a positive constructive manner.

There's no need for members to jump into a thread only to be cynical and to post material that is completely irrelevant, unnecessary and child like with primary intentions of trying to disrupt the main topic of the thread.

Granted there are those with opinions that may differ from that of the thread topic but lets be mature here and keep our post clean and topic related.

Thanks

feedback, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  14. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    I could not agree more.

15. feedback

feedback Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been following the progress of the phpLynx directory script since January 02-07 when I downloaded my first copy of the script. That being 39 days ago and since then I have seen three upgrade releases and with each release there has been improved functionality and new features added and now there is another release scheduled for sometime later today.

The new release will be available for download here cantufind.com/forum/index.php at this time and includes a number of features that have been added as a direct result of popular requests via user feedback. Although at first glance some of these features may appear standard in other scripts, such as the “reciprocal link feature”, this feature has been enhanced to offer greater functionality, such as during the link validation process it offers a number of preconfigured notification emails advising the link holder of their links status in the directory along with the option to turn on/off. There’s also a feature to limit the number of links per category, which I think is unique to the phpLynx directory scripts free version. This feature giving the directory owner control over how many links he'll allow in each category.These are just a few of the features to be included in today’s release and I would advise anyone interested in learning more to visit the forum and browse around. cantufind.com/forum/index.php

There was a time I believed that the directory script I’m using for tri-x-directory.com was considered the best around, but that was before I had the opportunity to use the phpLynx directory script. What can I add that I haven't mentioned here in the forum already Okay all jest aside, my reasons for choosing to go with the phpLynx script are based on a number of factors. For a free directory script it was offering features that I would have to pay for in other scripts, such as "Location Manager -Countries/States/Towns", "Multiple Payment Processing function and currency control", "Ban Words, "Import categories and links from other popular directory scripts", "Option to show/hide and make required fields during submission and all this controlled from the ACP", to name a few.

Alone these features where compelling enough reason to decide on phpLynx, but bundled with many of the standard directory script features an aesthetic visual appearance and a very stable script, sold me on making this script my next directory script of choice and you can view it here at caribdirectory.net. I also have plans in the works to make the transition from the tri-x-directory.com script over to the phpLynx directory script soon.

I’m not saying the phpLynx directory script is the best, but it’s the best I’ve had the pleasure of using.

Thanks

feedback, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  16. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    I could not agree more, people are going WAY off-topic here, could you PLEASE stop doing that, and cantufind just made a post about php lynx, and we've gone from news to complaints, from complaints to advertising, will this EVER end?

WatchOut, Feb 10, 2007 IP
  17. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    I posted this earlier but for some reason it got deleted. :confused:

My sentiments exactly, this allows for a nice time to announce that the finalized version of the phplynx script has been released and is available for download I won't say any more about the script or the new features it has I'll let you be the judge on that. http://www.cantufind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360

Hope you have fun trying it out.