1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PhpLynx Directory Script released

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by cantufind, Dec 26, 2006.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How does phpLynx compare with wsnlinks?

sarahk, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  2. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    Cantufind, from the title of the thread and your signature, I thought the script was "formally" released.
    Anyways, good luck with your script and I am glad there is competition to phpld which will bring us enhancement for both scripts.

enQuira, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  3. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    That's easy, there's no comparison, the phplynx is free, the one you comment on is not.

cantufind, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  4. eddie43302

eddie43302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ill never use lynx script but thats just me.Seems like people who encrypt there script has something to hide also the way this guy talks and every website i ever been to he always hijacks threads with ads about his script it just makes me sick.

eddie43302, Feb 3, 2007 IP
    daboss likes this.
  5. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Attitude like that is not going to get you anywhere, he asked for basic features difference not about price difference everyone knows that. And generally when someone asks for difference its the features difference so that you know for future.

And i agree with eddie43302 ;) .

paidhosting, Feb 3, 2007 IP
    daboss likes this.
  6. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it so hard to install more then 1 directory and realize what is best for your business ? Attitude like that is ok with me, sorry, I think that a FREE offer doesn't suffer comparison with a commercial offer. Still, I will bring some more details for your comparison soon.

Mihai, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  7. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    So you have used wsnlinks?

paidhosting, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  8. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @PaidHosting...

WHY, do you have such a hard-on for Kev?
    Is it because they banned you for telling someone to delete their files as your version of helping others?

an0n, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  9. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, paidhosting, I have used the latest version it that has been launched 3 days ago, respectively version 4.0.13. It was just curiosity and my company pays for my curiosity so that I make the best choices.

Anything else you would like to know?

Regards

Mihai, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  10. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    We won't ever force people to use our free script, and you talk utter rubbish if you think people encode script to hide things, you show me one software company other than one that relies on open-source that doesn't obfuscated code in thier script.

You need to learn facts about business and protection of its interests before making silly comments, if you check the recipe of a brand of beans, to the software used to launch rockets, neither come with the 'ingredients' or 'source code' in wide view for rivals to potentially copy.

As for hijacking threads, is that right? If I've ever done that its been unintentional and I've always been humble enough to apologise if I have. I don't hang around forums enough to know all the methods, and don't send people over to them to post for me. Start mudslinging about hi-jacking threads and I might throw some back with a lot of examples, you'll see I'm not the one who hi-jacks threads, the ones who do know who they are.

To be honest I get sick of people like you coming out with unqualified remarks and comments but never retaliate as I treat your posts with the contempt they deserve, and after all it is your choice to use whatever script you wish.

cantufind, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  11. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Read the question asked,

it was answered, how can you compare a FREE script with a PAID script? I answered correctly. There can be no comparison. :rolleyes:

For what its worth, the wsn is a good script, not what I like, but still very good. I haven't given it a test run using the free version so I am completely unqualified to pass comment. I have no idea of its quality or whether the script is bug free so it would be very wrong of me to compare.

Several people have asked me to compare with this particular script, one that I do not have a level of familiarity with, why's that, why not ask me to compare it with the 'market leader' phpld? I know that script very well, I've used it and know of the experiences I have/had with it, wsn I have never tried so cannot legitimately comment. I can read thier features as I can read thier forum on bug reporting etc. Get and compare it yourself if your that bothered, wsnlinks from what I see is just fine for what it is.

Bunny, aka 'paidhosting' I see from your sigs you are involved with phpld, why not take the obvious route and ask me to compare with this script? I've used that script and could give you comments that I could support with evidence 100%. Even then I probably wouldn't get drawn down that route of comparison on either the script or forum, I don't play the game of 'my daddy's bigger than yours', Although If you invited me to do so then perhaps someone else would pick up on the thread and do that off thier own back.

12. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    cantufind - i've not used phplynx before - it's probably a great script. :)

however, i have to say that the way you've been marketing it veers a little towards uncomfortable. why not just focus on the plus points and leave out the direct comparisons with the other scripts?

daboss, Feb 4, 2007 IP
    paidhosting likes this.
  13. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi daboss, I haven't started marketing it yet as the full versions are yet to be released.

I have focussed on the plus points, its not me who keeps referring to other scripts, you find me one post where I've done that and I will edit it.

It is others who ask me to do direct comparisons, of which I am as a rule against but if I am to compare I will compare it with a script that I am familar with and not one I know little of.

14. Itchy

Itchy Peon

Best Answers:

do you want a bag for that ..

Sir sir itchy said this sir come quick and look sir ... sir please sir ....

well ive had me clip round the ear :rolleyes: but neither the less i still stand by what i said 110%
    and @ whoever said learn to address people so that they read it ...get a life geezer will ya no need and as it was pointed out you did read it and every question ive asked so far has had a reply
    now if any one wants to go and get sir ..fantastic :D

features comparision ...well the free versions on one you can get
    Smarty error: validate: validator id 'v_RECPR_LINK' is not registered
    Smarty error: validate: validator id 'v_URL_BANNED' is not registered.
    Errors to point out just a few and if you were to google
    Smarty error: validate: is not registered. you would find loads of ppl having these problems with a free script where as with another free script you dont get these errors or any errors when installed.. and if you did at least you wouldnt have to pay to get a reply in a forum :rolleyes:

ability to add multiple static pages from the admin panel ... with one itll cost you the other provides it free
    ability to set feedback status replys ... with one you have to get a mod that when you install it you get the errors above ... the other provides it free
    ablity to be a proper directory by displaying names addresses etc.... with one itll go erm hang on go to the forum ask and itll cost ya ..the other provides it free
    ability to set multiple payment methods and multiple prices ... one itll cost you the other provides it free
    ablity to import other links + cats db ... with one its say durr you want to do what and itll cost you the other provides it free and says no problem
    ability to ... well theres loads more but your have to see for yourselves

any of the free scripts that have been mentioned on this whole thread so far cannot do all (or if at all any of it) of the above for free apart from one phplynx

Dose it matter if the provider of the script encrypts it ... not at all anyone who moans about it is more than likely to be the type of person who'll remove the links at the bottom of the pages displayed .. and try and say no i want to develop it honest :rolleyes:

is that sir i here coming ?
    right ill get me coat

Itchy, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  15. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.... that was painfull :rolleyes:

Mihai, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  16. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:

Again you are talking about phpLD in a phpLynx thread. As previously mentioned, people are getting support EVERY DAY on the phpLD forums, and we have many happy users.

Based on your behavior here and elsewhere, I actually hope you will choose another script besides phpLD! :eek:

So please get busy with your phpLynx directory, and prove to us through actions, not words, that your decision was a good one.

dvduval, Feb 4, 2007 IP
    paidhosting likes this.
  17. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:

LOL my version of help :D . I try not to be hard on kev, its just the way he puts his words in public thats kinda annoying me a bit, user asked for differences and all he could say way " Its FREE" i doubt he even went to their site(wsnlinks) cause than,he would have realized they offer free version too. Thats called pure ignorance.

If someone asks me whats special about your hosting, i do not say oh "Its Free" or "It Costs Less" , thats pure BS.

PS: if you still cannot locate the free version, here is direct link for you :
    http://scripts.webmastersite.net/wsnlinks/index.php?section=preview

So next time i hope u do not go about saying OH Basic Basic difference is its FREE. Like i said before and will say it again even if you paid me to use your script i will not even care.

Also Get your eyes checked Kev :

Cheers.

paidhosting, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  18. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    I actually spent quite some time looking through the script you mention and made a fully educated response, they don't offer a 'free' version, its a 'Preview' without support, but the script still looks good.

Note thier source code is also obscured, and cannot be changed, interesting how you haven't questioned that, but took great pains to try and discredit phpLynx. :confused:

I said,

There is a 'Preview' of this script which I have already said is quite good, and would go on further to say that I could not compare phpLynx against a script i've never used.

Nobody will get me to slate a script without being able to qualify my comments 100%. ​

Why not rephrase with, 'Can you compare your free version of phpLnyx to any script you have tried and tell us why you think it is better?', then I may respond accordingly. I don't get great favor out of critisising other scripts or their support, you won't have seen me doing that, if I have show me, I'll edit the post.

Now why don't you go and pick up your toys as it appears you keep throwing them out of your pram, and in future if you feel the need to pick a fight, why not wait until playtime. :rolleyes:

19. bronzy

bronzy Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't believe the bickering and catfights on this thread. Its like watching jerry springer----geez:mad:

bronzy, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  20. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with you bronzy, the problem I see is that you can't promote a new product if it is likely to threaten others already out there. Also you will always get some stupid people who think they know it all but in reality they know nothing. But this is something we have to deal with, its part of internet life.

cantufind, Feb 5, 2007 IP