1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PhpLynx Directory Script released

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by cantufind, Dec 26, 2006.

1. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    @WatchOut did u know there is a private chat option there? Or wait u cannot remember ? PS: ask gary and kev i was talking to them asking whats with globals on and solution for it .

@ Liar comment better read threads properly before starting to bitch like an asshole

And yes i force people to give me greenies lol. I tell them i will shoot them dead if they do not give me greenies. Moron, greenies cannot be forced. Live with it.

paidhosting, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  2. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks, :)

cantufind, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  3. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL, you're making yourself look like a stupid person, well I don't mind go on, entertain us with your stupid comments, [​IMG] you're truly looking for a ham, go get a ham somewhere else mate.

By the way, as you might have noticed Flashchat have a admin CP and it has all the chats there, want to see that day? I'm sure you wouldn't want to, and your commands you gave, they are newbish, want to see ten times more powerful? I don't mind PM'ing Kev, and tell him to paste the whole chat dialogue here? You still don't know me, do you?

WatchOut, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  4. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    cantufind, Feb 1, 2007 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  5. tfusion

tfusion Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, ive tried phplynx and i am still using it on tutbox.com and its really cooool! Its easy to customize, looks really nice and much more! BTW... the cantufind support is really nice :p But... You should try the directory script :)

tfusion, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  6. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now it looks awful cause the images are not showing up at all.

paidhosting, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  7. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Was you referring to the phpLynx demo bunny? or the posters site? Maybe you want to look at your ISP? Both sites look fine to me.

cantufind, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  8. Itchy

Itchy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well the phplink die hards have had their say ... so now its time for some outsider to rant...

Ive used both scripts and and both are very good but phplyxn wins hans down imoa why?..... well for one the support is 1st class on the forum where as on the paranoid link directory forum i made 1 posting asking a question (which still remains unanswered to this day) and dick deval decides that because i havent brought the script or joined the so called supporters forum that im not allowed to post again :confused: so as i said in another post its his loss as you shouldnt judge a book by its cover or the user name he signs up with

So if your new to directories like me then try phplyxn 1st and if you get a problem theres always some help full people waiting in a forum... then try the free phplinks you will come up with multiple problems (as did i and many other ppl ... just goto the forum and see how unhelpful they are) and your only hope of fixing them is to buy the full version then pay to join the gimps supporters club and even then it may cost you to hire someone else to fix the problem :eek: thats no way to run a business... thats of course its meant to be a business

So to sum it up phplinks has been around a while and many directories are powered by it but that will change when more ppl start to use the free version of phplynx and see that in fact its a whole lot better ..... give it a try what have you got to lose? ... nothing

oh and if any numpty thinks im cantufind or watchout or using a duplicate account then you must be a James Blunt ... im just a user whos more happy using a free script with excellent support :p

Itchy, Feb 3, 2007 IP
    Mihai likes this.
  9. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all itchy learn to address people in a proper manner, than someone might actually read your post.

paidhosting, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  10. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    you just did read it you idiot, otherwise you would not have replied..

You stupid little bunny.

WatchOut, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  11. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    People, learn to respect the opinions of others.. nobody asks you to read what others say. It is all down to personal choice so please stop this war, I am more interested to technical details then anyone's fights of personal interest and I think most of the forum visitors feel the same.

Mihai, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  12. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ouch! We need to talk to a moderator about one of the replies above.

dvduval, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  13. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Your right, your not cantufind, in fact I don't know who you are but you sure do have strong feelings on this don't you. :eek:

I'm glad you like the phpLynx script, thanks.

cantufind, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  14. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:

I agree with you 100% Mihai, i've been on the recieving end of posts like this from avid phpld supporters and I know it does not feel good; It was bound to happen though. It is indeed all about personal choice and technical details but every time I tried to post such features I was and am lambasted by phpld users.

This poster 'itchy', (and I can honestly say I do not know who he/she is), has not said anything other than an opinion, nothing libelous as I see it. I can put my hand on my heart and say I have NEVER sent anyone over to this or any other forum to discredit other scripts, I never will either.

I think this was part of the rant by itchy? I don't know who James Blunt is? :confused:

15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    James Blunt is a singer. It was a weak attempt at cockney rhyming slang.

sarahk, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  16. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    I already decided to use PHP Lynx and I will be coming over to the script's forum when I am starting work on my company's directory. If you guys are so friendly as it sounds I am sure going to enjoy working and cooperating with you, who knows, maybe deeper then just an experience echange, maybe we can do something more...

Thank you very much for your time, I will be visiting you soon, promissed!

Mihai, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  17. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm humbled by your words, and certainly look forward to seeing you, hopefully we won't let you down. :)

18. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am looking forward to meeting you guys better but I am really caught in the corner by work lately, I hope to have some free time in 1 week or so. Until then all I can wish and tell you is that you should keep your head up at all times, you are a clearly good developer, regardless of what other people say. NEver let yourself down and keep on coding! After all - you are FREE. ;)

Mihai, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  19. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    Cantufind, I have few suggestions:
    If you are serious about your script you have to give a good impression starting from the website phplynx.com
    Many broken links and missing pages. Most of the links send to the forum in another website. and most importantly downloading the free version to test it out is not that obvious. You want to encourage users to test your script and eventually swith their directories to it, why do you require registration.
    One last thing, if you work on your script and just ignore marketing for now, I am sure you will find success among the competition. This is also true for phpld and other scripts. You have to respect us, webmasters, we are able to make the choice, so work hard on your scripts and we will decide the script to buy.

enQuira, Feb 3, 2007 IP
  20. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    We are serious, the script tells you that, we are aware that the phplynx website is not completed, it links to the sponsors who fund the script the Cantufind Network's forum, we are aware the Lynx.com site has more dead links that King Arthurs Armour, the full version of the script hasn't been formally released yet, so we have no worries about a commerical site yet, and as the phpLynx site you comment on is primarily for that it doesn't really worry us at the moment.

We could put a 'Under construction' page there I suppose, but to be honest we've had so many digs at the dead links its created great publicity, so perhaps we'll leave it like that even when we release! As long as the script doesn't have any dead links that's the main thing.

You can be certain the phplynx.com site will be complete before the formal release of the full version. :)

Probably for the same reasons virtually every other directory script on the planet does. :) Granted that phpld version 2 no longer requires registration for thier free version but it isn't in the same league as phpLynx, it has so many inherant problems it demands registration to thier forum which equates to the same thing in my book.

Registration also helps us maintain a higher level of interaction with users who are not compelled to come to the forum to register, it allows for us to let them know of any specific events whether they be upgrades, security issues and the like. As we said, we don't force anyone to come to our forum, the script is relatively bug free so they don't need to. Do you know of any software company other than opensource who allow indiscriminate use of thier software?

Thanks for the advice, but we haven't started marketing yet, that will come in due course. The fact we've allowed the script to go 'free' pre-release with over 500 people already trying it out, proves that the stategy we are using is working just fine.

As for respecting webmasters, that's the very reason I decided to make the phpLynx script free in the first place, I'll expand on that in due course. Up until now there is NO script to buy, its ALL completely free so I kind of miss that point? :confused:

To sum up, you only have to go to the forum to see we treat everyone with the greatest of respect.