1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpLD -V- phplynx

Discussion in 'Directories' started by vicdigi, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    There have been many going ons and shouing from the rooftops on DP Directory category about the phpLD script versus phplynx script so thought it was time to settle the score and bring this to a poll.

This thread is not for talking about each others mama!

MODS please delete this thread - double take!

vicdigi, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  2. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Why was this thread started in the first place if it had to be deleted or closed? :-|

humm, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  3. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:

Before the hoo haa happened..

The post where it was all happening wildly last night (UK time) has been moved to http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=8434702#post8434702 with the all the juicy posts being deleted!

Guess the mods for some reason haven't got round to deleting this thread.

As far as I am aware and the time of going to bed last night - I believe phpLD was leading the way...

vicdigi, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  4. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm arranging for someone to do a features comparison vicdigi to put the matter to bed once and for all, this argument stuff is wasting everyone's time. Probably best if the features do the talking. :)

JamieG, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  5. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    Look forward to it Jamie.
    Will you be announcing the features here at DP?

vicdigi, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  6. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The whole debate over script is crap, which one has more features is crap ( you can have these designed at any time and added ), does it not come down to the owner, presentation, and every other factor.

Just tell who surfs the web, selects a site and says O, thats a zyz script as their first impression. Who says if i use script xyz i will be successful. ?

rusbbish, rubbish and just plain rubbish this whole script crap.

DownUnder, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  7. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I will as its here that you get people commenting on which one is best and which one isn't.

@DownUnder, while I agree with you this issue of which script is better than the other is total crap because after all its what suits a persons needs that counts, I feel obligated to defend the script I work for.

I'm sure you'd feel the same if you had to defend something. I'll post the comparison as soon as its done. Its not the car you drive but how you drive it comes to mind, most will get you from A to B but some will do that job with a little less hassle.

JamieG, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  8. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    defent what Jamie ? there is no ned to defend the script, you have a good product, good support, good coders, good ethics, focus on the customers and getting their individual results needed and in the end the script will do it's own talking.

The in fighting over script it self is rubbish and while your focusing on that the important issues are being side tracked. - leave the bickering to the children.

mikey1090 likes this.
  9. imi_99

imi_99 Peon

Best Answers:
    can't understand what is going on in this thread

imi_99, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    hyper likes this.
  10. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    C'mon guys.. aren't u tired to see every thread turning into fight between phpLD and phpLynx ? :mad:

hyper, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    Brandon Sheley and JamieG like this.
  11. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not defending anything DownUnder and am not prepared to get into an argument with anyone either, I'm sick of that childish nonsense. The OP asked about phpLD -V-phpLynx and I think the best and ONLY real way to put this matter to the jury of our peers once and for all is for a comparison of features.

If people want to argue the facts they can, I think its nearly done, and judging what's gone on here over the past day or so perhaps they could make it a sticky so this can be avoided.

JamieG, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  12. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like the dispute between phpLD and phpLynx supporters is taking proportions. During the last 3-4 weeks I noticed that the directories section became the battle field between phpLD and phpLynx. Why ? because there are some ppl who are trying to turn the world upside down.
    This war is an endless effort to prove something, that is irrelevant for some. Some prefer phpLD just as some prefer phpLynx, and you cannot convince them easy to move from one to another.
    phpLD is the best, but phpLynx is also a good and complex script from what I have seen on the features list.
    All the threads, that have something to do with some mods, tweaks, updates, etc end-up soon with a fight... started like : "we, at phpLynx, have did that, that and that to prevent that... or the phpLD is the best because this this and this."
    Guys, just pick the damn script you like... and lets burrow this war because you are getting nowhere.

Lets focus on how to promote and develop the directories, forgeting about the technical specifications and features. If you need a MOD, or a custom tweak, just contact an0n, mhamdi, SilkySmooth for phpLD, or JamieG & Spider-Man for phpLynx or the support team from the damn directory software you are using.

If some in here would stop that aggressive marketing of a certain script (I am not telling names or something just because I want this crap war to finish).

As for the forum MODS, it will be great if they will start spreading some infrigements more hardly for those who are getting OFFTOPIC and those who are practicing hidden advertising on the threads they join.

As, for the OP, threads like this one will only twist the dagger hardly...
    No serious guys, aren't you sick about these fights in here ? :confused:

Think about it...
    PS: in the last 2-3 days, I got 7-8 reds if you can imagine that...so I would like to salute the red team in here for that. Really nice teamwork guys.

hyper, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    discover and an0n like this.
  13. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more which is why I'm committed to simply getting a comprehensive comparison done so that people can judge both scripts on merit and not on anything else.

JamieG, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  14. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    Hyper your copping red, so am i, to this weak pussy who cant sign the red rep, clearly understand i do not play with kiddies, you have no idea of what your saying and need to grow up.

I do not support any script over another, and i do not support the constant bickering over scripts, so please red me as many times as you like but i will speak freely even if kiddies dont like it.

an0n and JamieG like this.
  15. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Theres only a handful of people who would post a message like that and use insults and profanities.

pipes, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  16. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Well that rules me out then as I ALWAYS sign my reps, I do swear though, and I would to someone's face. Now getting this thread back on track where it should be someone quickly knocked up a comparison chart which I'll link here.

Key: The features are taken from both scripts and are 'Out of the Box', they are NOT mods either free or paid. Red = No; NP = Not proven as the author was not able to establish that there were actually 12 language versions on sale as claimed.

[​IMG]

From what I could see there are 6 features that phpld have out of the box that phpLynx doesn't, with phpLynx having an extra 30 features out of the box including deep links, among other things. Support for phpld is $10 although it is not compulsory it does help, although I'm sure I'll be corrected on that one if not accurate. Support for phpLynx is free and unconditional. Price for each script can be found on the respective sites, combine this with the potential price of mods and installation if your new to programming and you can the judge.

I think we can now leave the comparison chart facts be the guide for people and point people to this in future to avoid petty bickering and name calling.

Thanks.

JamieG, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  17. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    what's this, like the 5th thread started lately with the same title? :rolleyes:

Brandon Sheley, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    hyper likes this.
  18. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    No, it's the first one and the ONLY one that deals with the facts instead of the fiction.

JamieG, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  19. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    comparison chart is inaccurate

looks like you need to do some homework before touting (as usual)

it is NOT my job to do your homework, on YOUR comparison chart, so don't ask me where you're wrong.

an0n, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  20. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    *cough*

Are you desperate Jamie ? The other script masters are just dancing the salsa, others are just laughing drinking their cold beer while you endlessly promoting and defending your script. You don't need that comparison chart to show off (that chart belongs in the stynx site not here). In time if people really would be using the script they will do so. Its really gone boring. :rolleyes: I taught you were a lawyer and knows better.

By the way when I gave you a rep I signed it and it was a green not a red. Thanks for the PM though of utter nonsense.

By the way I like Esyndicat and it does not stynx. :D

See you again whenever. :eek:

popotalk, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    hyper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.