1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpLD Tools & Addons

Discussion in 'Directories' started by SilkySmooth, Feb 23, 2007.

1. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great, glad that got it sorted. I will be able to use that post as a reference for others so thanks for coming back and letting me know it worked.

SilkySmooth, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  2. ForumJoiner

ForumJoiner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you tell me, please, the exact link of this mod? Thank you.

ForumJoiner, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  3. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    Hey, just a quick note to let you know that all mods have been tested with version 3.3 and any changes needed to the mods have now been implemented. Please see below for more details:

Article of the Day - No changes.

Category Newsfeed - Slight change to the administration and structure.

Homepage Newsfeed - No changes.

Latest Featured Links - Update to install instructions and new files for clean installs.

Most Popular Categories - No changes.

Random Quotes - Slight change to the administration and structure.

Site of the Day - No changes.

Social Bookmarks - Slight change to the administration and structure. Bookmark packs not affected.

Split Category Links - No changes, but have created blank canvas install for default phpLD 3.3.

All downloads now come with seperate install files for each version, 3.2, 3.3 etc. where applicable.

Please let me know if anyone has any problems.

SilkySmooth, Jan 30, 2008 IP
    srobona likes this.
  4. mysmehmood

mysmehmood Peon

Best Answers:
    :)

phpld v3.x is really good against spammers. i don't think spammers can submit to that paid version. at least i haven't seen . but getting a lots of spams from the v2.2 free one.

this mode will really help.:)

mysmehmood, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  5. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes the 3.xs are great as spammers have no choice but to manually add links themsleves
    compared to injection method and they only slip 1-2 max compared to 10-20 daily in 2.0s....:D
    well worth the few bucks you spend for the script ;)

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Jan 30, 2008 IP
    srobona likes this.
  6. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    Is somebody using mhamdi's seo friendly detail pages mod with the site of the day mod together ?

On the main page, after you install the mod, there will be listed 2 links: the link of the site and the link to the site's detail page. I CANNOT make that detail link seo friendly as : domain.com/category/link-name-shit-1.html ! If I edit the code from site_of_the_day.tpl as mhamdi says in his tutorial the detail link is like this : domain.com/link-name-shit-1.html, it cannot figure out what the category is.

from the original site_of_the_day.tpl which is this:

{strip}
    <h3>{l}Site of the day{/l}</h3>
    <table><tr>
    {* show page rank *}
    {if $smarty.const.SHOW_PAGERANK}
       <td>
          {include file="pagerank.tpl" pr=$sotd.PAGERANK}
       </td>
    {/if}

<td>
       <a id="id_{$sotd.ID}" href="{$sotd.URL|escape|trim}" title="{$sotd.TITLE|escape|trim}"
       {* nofollow *}
       {if $sotd.NOFOLLOW or ($sotd.RECPR_VALID eq 0 and ($smarty.const.RECPR_NOFOLLOW eq 2 or ($smarty.const.RECPR_NOFOLLOW eq 1 and $sotd.RECPR_REQUIRED eq 1)))} rel="nofollow"{/if}
       {if $smarty.const.ENABLE_BLANK} target="_blank"{/if}>
       {$sotd.TITLE|escape|trim}</a> <span class="url">- {$sotd.URL|escape|trim}</span>

{if !empty ($search) or !empty ($uid)}
          <p>{l}Category{/l}: <a href="{$smarty.const.DOC_ROOT}/{$sotd.CATEGORY_URL|escape|trim}" title="{$sotd.CATEGORY_TITLE|escape|trim}">{$sotd.CATEGORY_TITLE|escape|trim}</a></p>
       {/if}

<p>
          {$sotd.DESCRIPTION|escape|trim} -&nbsp;[<a href="{if !$smarty.const.ENABLE_REWRITE}
                                                    {$smarty.const.DOC_ROOT}/detail.php?id={$sotd.ID}
                                                 {else}
                                                    {$smarty.const.DOC_ROOT}/detail/link-{$sotd.ID}.html{/if}" title="{l}Read more about{/l}: {$sotd.TITLE|escape|trim}">{l}Read&nbsp;more{/l}</a>

{if $smarty.const.REQUIRE_REGISTERED_USER == 1 and !empty ($regular_user_details) and ($regular_user_details.ID == $sotd.OWNER_ID)}
                                        ,&nbsp;<a href="{$smarty.const.DOC_ROOT}/submit.php?linkid={$sotd.ID}" title="{l}Edit or Remove your link{/l}">{l}Review{/l}</a>
                                     {/if}
                                     ]
       </p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    {/strip}

Code (markup):
    I modified it like :

{strip}
    <h3>{l}Site of the day{/l}</h3>
    <table><tr>
    {* show page rank *}
    {if $smarty.const.SHOW_PAGERANK}
       <td>
          {include file="pagerank.tpl" pr=$sotd.PAGERANK}
       </td>
    {/if}

<td>
       <a id="id_{$sotd.ID}" href="{$sotd.URL|escape|trim}" title="{$sotd.TITLE|escape|trim}"
       {* nofollow *}
       {if $sotd.NOFOLLOW or ($sotd.RECPR_VALID eq 0 and ($smarty.const.RECPR_NOFOLLOW eq 2 or ($smarty.const.RECPR_NOFOLLOW eq 1 and $sotd.RECPR_REQUIRED eq 1)))} rel="nofollow"{/if}
       {if $smarty.const.ENABLE_BLANK} target="_blank"{/if}>
       {$sotd.TITLE|escape|trim}</a> <span class="url">- {$sotd.URL|escape|trim}</span>

{if !empty ($search) or !empty ($uid)}
          <p>{l}Category{/l}: <a href="{$smarty.const.DOC_ROOT}/{$sotd.CATEGORY_URL|escape|trim}" title="{$sotd.CATEGORY_TITLE|escape|trim}">{$sotd.CATEGORY_TITLE|escape|trim}</a></p>
       {/if}

<p>
          {$sotd.DESCRIPTION|escape|trim} -&nbsp;[<a href="{if !$smarty.const.ENABLE_REWRITE}
                                                    {$smarty.const.DOC_ROOT}/detail.php?id={$sotd.ID}
                                                 {else}
                                                    [COLOR="Black"][B]{$smarty.const.DOC_ROOT}/{$sotd.CATEGORY_URL|escape|trim}{$sotd.TITLE|escape|trim|strtolower|replace:' ':'-'}-{$sotd.ID}.html[/B][/COLOR]{/if}" title="{l}Read more about{/l}: {$sotd.TITLE|escape|trim}">{l}Read&nbsp;more{/l}</a>

{if $smarty.const.REQUIRE_REGISTERED_USER == 1 and !empty ($regular_user_details) and ($regular_user_details.ID == $sotd.OWNER_ID)}
                                        ,&nbsp;<a href="{$smarty.const.DOC_ROOT}/submit.php?linkid={$sotd.ID}" title="{l}Edit or Remove your link{/l}">{l}Review{/l}</a>
                                     {/if}
                                     ]
       </p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    {/strip}

Code (markup):
    The output shoud be (example):

domain.com/business/directories/directory-share-1.html
    but I get
    domain.com/directory-share-1.html

Can someone help ? I saw this mod installed & working ok on www.sleekdirectory.com so this means that something is wrong on my code...my php...my dunno what.

hyper, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  7. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    Malcolm, the owner of sleekdirectory.com hires me to maintain and install mods on his directories. ;)

Ok, the reason that it isn't working is because the field 'CATEGORY_URL' is not stored with the rest of the link data. It needs to be constructed from the data stored in the category table and then assigned to the $sotd array.

So you need to make some changes to the 'site_of_the_day.php' file in the includes directory. The last line in the file reads:

$tpl->assign('sotd',$sotd);

Code (markup):
    Directly ABOVE that line, place the following code:

$categCache=$db->GetRow("SELECT `CACHE_TITLE`, `CACHE_URL` FROM {$tables['category']['name']} WHERE `ID` = ".$db->qstr($sotd['CATEGORY_ID']));
    $sotd['CATEGORY_URL']=(!empty ($categCache['CACHE_URL']) ? $categCache['CACHE_URL'] : buildCategUrl($sotd['CATEGORY_ID']));

Code (markup):
    So it should now look like this:

}
    $categCache=$db->GetRow("SELECT `CACHE_TITLE`, `CACHE_URL` FROM {$tables['category']['name']} WHERE `ID` = ".$db->qstr($sotd['CATEGORY_ID']));
    $sotd['CATEGORY_URL']=(!empty ($categCache['CACHE_URL']) ? $categCache['CACHE_URL'] : buildCategUrl($sotd['CATEGORY_ID']));
    $tpl->assign('sotd',$sotd);

Code (markup):
    Upload the revised file and leave the template how you have already edited it and all should work fine.

Also, sorry I didn't pick up on this when you pm'd me, it didn't register when I read through the code :eek:

SilkySmooth, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  8. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your support Silk :rolleyes:

hyper, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  9. drinker

drinker Peon

Best Answers:
    Please help

I am trying to install the "site of the day" mod.
    I think I uploaded everything properly, but I'm getting this error:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "site_of_the_day.tpl" in /home/director/public_html/libs/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I did delete the temp files also as suggested on the site.

I am using the Blue Theme template but don't think that should matter.

I have taken the code off the main.tpl file so the error will not be visible until it gets fixed.
    Everything else, I have left with the new uploads.

thanks,
    Drinker

drinker, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  10. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    Drinker,

You need to upload the "site_of_the_day.tpl" which comes with the download into your theme directory.

You say you are using a Blue Theme template... so there will be a folder inside /templates called something like 'blue-theme' or 'bluetheme' something along those lines.

That file needs to go in there.

SilkySmooth, Mar 1, 2008 IP
  11. drinker

drinker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

Thanks for the reply.

It's now working.

Jim

drinker, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  12. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am trying to get "site of the day running but I am getting empty file site_of_the_day.txt so it looks like the query is not working somehow.

I have the latest version 3.3.0 and trzed install this mode 2 times but still the same problem. If I put some number to that file than it works 1 day.

Can someone help?

Thanks

webmoney, May 29, 2008 IP
  13. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What are you doing with the txt file?

mikey1090, May 29, 2008 IP
  14. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    This is because that txt file should be automatically written by the script each 24 hours with a new link ID. PM me if you need help installing it. I already did it for the directories from my sig + others :)

hyper, May 29, 2008 IP
  15. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is written to temp folder but it is empty so I get empty result in the directory.

So I tried to put there some number than it works but in the first run there is nothing. so I am not sure if the query generated some output which would be written to that txt file.

I hope I am clear enough. I think I can install myself but thanks for offer :)

webmoney, May 29, 2008 IP
  16. srobona

srobona Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to see some great mods. I am using some of the mods. They are working fine. Thanks for such a wonderful mod.

srobona, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  17. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the compliment... I responded to your query on the phpLD forums.

SilkySmooth, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  18. cheapbacklink

cheapbacklink Peon

Best Answers:
    i m looking something for my bidding directory sames like monster-submit can i use it basically i am dumb in php

any tools that i can put some content and add or anything.

check my signatuers directories freee and bid and guide me how can i put some content and add

thanks

cheapbacklink, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  19. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    The Directory Share mods wont work with phpLB as it is a different code base. I think Mikey developed a couple of mods from when he owned Zorg Links so check out the blog.

SilkySmooth, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  20. flatroxs

flatroxs Banned

Best Answers:
    phpLD Tools is Very Useful Tool

flatroxs, Oct 10, 2008 IP