1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpLD PageRank Updater v1.9 has been released.

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Geraldm, Mar 17, 2007.

1. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great to see you supporting and improving your software.
    Great job.

dvduval, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  2. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Congrats on a good piece of work, but isn't it a worry that Google will get pissed with all the automated queries this is going to make? Who will they take it out on? phpld for allowing the mod to be attached to thier script or to the individual directories, don't want to put down the mod, its good, but I'm looking at the bigger picture here.

The Pheonix, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  3. Geraldm

Geraldm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Pheonix,

When using my application Google has no visibility of your directory or phpLD, Google only sees queries coming from a standard browser for a standard PR request.

In the bigger scheme of things I doubt Google would mind a couple of thousand (depending on the size of your directory) queries happening once per month or even quarterly..... Once per day may be an issue, which is why my application allows you to specify which links to update, so if you get 1-2 new links a day you can run my application to update only those links on a daily bases if you wanted to.

Also my application allows you to change the delay between queries from 100 milliseconds to 10 seconds which stops the potential for someone to flood a Google DC.

This functionality it already built in to phpLD, but some web hosts are unable to query Google directly. My application offers those people affected an alternative way to update the PageRank of links in their directories.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers ....
    Gerald.

Geraldm, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  4. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, and it really makes sense to query from a server that is not that of your site. The last thing want to happen is your site get banned. That is why even on phpLD we have tried to shy away from methods that involve massive querying of google.

On geralds app, there are lots of ways to minimize the load you give to google too, and you should think about this and be sure to add a good sized delay between queries.

Gerald, what delay time do you recommend?

dvduval, Jun 25, 2007 IP