1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpLD install: .htaccess causing problem

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Zibblu, Sep 21, 2007.

I've been trying to install phpLD tonight to my GoDaddy web hosting account. Among the problems I've ran into is this:

I have a page on a subdomain that has nothing to do with the directory. It's just a page I've had up for about a year that I earn a good profit from. It's actually got a higher PR than the homepage (3 vs 2) and I've got lots of links to it... I've got the page linked to like this: domain.com/folder

When I uploaded the phpLD files I could no longer access this page by going to domain.com/folder - it came up with an error page. When I went to the page directly : domain.com/folder/index.html it worked perfectly fine. I found this quite strange... It was also not going to work of course because I have so many links heading to the page without the index.html ... Anyway I removed the .htaccess (leaving everything else installed) as I thought it might be the culprit... it was. It works fine now that i removed .htaccess - of course the problem is - I'm sure that .htaccess must be important to the function of the directory...

So my question is - Does anyone have any idea of how I can fix the .htaccess file so that it does not cause this problem. Is there any chance it's some sort of conflict that's only happening because of a setting within GoDaddy?

Alright... it's 4 AM so I do give up for tonight. ...

Thanks to anyone who can help me on this issue - I'll be checking in the morning! (?)

Zibblu, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  2. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    try to comment
    # Disable directory browsing
    Options -Indexes

enQuira, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  3. SearchBuster

SearchBuster Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with mhamdi, should do the trick.

SearchBuster, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  4. ForumJoiner

ForumJoiner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even after commenting Options -Indexes, I still receive:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email]support@supportwebsite.com[/email] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at  Port 80
    Code (markup):
    I'm afraid is a problem with GoDaddy's settings, but their customer support don't fix/analyze issues with .htaccess. I asked them if they have a technical support, even a paid one - they don't. I have no idea whom to talk to.

By the way, is any method to make the 500 error messages more informative/useful?

ForumJoiner, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  5. rhyswynne

rhyswynne Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a file on the ftp server called .error or error.log? That may give you some ideas.

rhyswynne, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  6. Fastian

Fastian Peon

Best Answers:
    Drop me a PM with login details and I can take care of this for you. :)

I me leaving now but I be back in next 1-2 hours.

Fastian, Oct 29, 2007 IP
    ForumJoiner likes this.
  7. ForumJoiner

Best Answers:
    Tell me, please, what would you like in exchange for helping me?
    Because this can take more than several minutes, it seems to me that it's fair to ask in advance.

8. ForumJoiner

Best Answers:
    Thanks go to Fastian. Working with him solved the problem.