1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpbb moving - please help

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by siraxi, Jan 24, 2006.

Hello

I'm striving to move a phpbb forum. The main problem is that of database size: 23 MB or 3.5 MB archived. Seems like phpmyadmin doesn't handle very well size databases.

is there any way to upload the database by FTP? Where should I place it and how the file? (database: _phpbb1)

Thanks.

siraxi, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    You'd need to ssh it over, or if you've got whm you can easily move your entire site including the database in a matter of seconds.

mdvaldosta, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  3. siraxi

siraxi Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about SSH. On the old host there was Cpanel, on the new host - it's NetAdmin 4.

Finally, I did it by database backup (download from old host, upload to new host)

Thanks for your reply.

But the problem now is that I can't log in, no mater what I do. After identifying correctly the right usessword combination, the system won't let me in, it just redirects to the forum index paget actually logging me in. I have no clue as to why this happens and what to do now.... ?

siraxi, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  4. noiprox

noiprox Peon

Best Answers:
    i had that same problem when i moved to a new server.. i just rebuilt the user tables and info and it worked with phpmysql

i think i got lucky, because i was told this doesnt always work, and there were a few users who had to re-register, but other than the users tables, everything else was fine

noiprox, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  5. siraxi

siraxi Peon

Best Answers:
    In my case it might have been a cookie problem, I was suggested to reset cookies, which I did, and everything went back to normal. Still don't quite understand why was that.

siraxi, Jan 26, 2006 IP