1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpBB Hackless MODS

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by Reprobate, Jun 6, 2007.

I better explain what it is before I ask the question :)

Typically a MOD download comes with the extra files and/or a list of instructions on which existing pages need to be "hacked". That is to add extra code in a specific place in a file tht's already in use.

This can get messy, and the Forum Admin needs to be aware which files have been MODDED when it comes time to upgrade the installation on their site.

A straight forward hack while using the default subSilver theme is quite easy, but if other themes are used it can be a little more difficult to hack in the required code as there may be differences in the subSilver files to your preferred theme, which means the instructions won't be specific or even helpful.

Which is why I prefer to use what I call "hackless MODS". It requires no hacking, just uploading the file/s to the corresponding directories.

Source

Okay, now we've got that out of the way, does anyone have any favorite 'hackless MODS'?

Mine would have to be Admin Mass Delete Users

Post them here with a link to the download page if you have any.

Reprobate, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  2. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    I do install through easyMOd(about 75% OF MODS) and when its time to upgrade, code changes files are enough for it:D

inworx, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  3. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    I gave easyMOD a go... a couple of years ago now. mid-2005. Had a lot of troubles with it.

Maybe I should give it another go.

Reprobate, Jun 8, 2007 IP